- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;8/5/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31941, p2
Presents updates related to finance in the U.S. as of August 5, 2004. Decline in the refunding of the Department of the Treasury; Growth in the factory orders for manufactured goods; Increase in the business activity in the non-manufacturing sector.
- Treasury 2-Years Go At 1.179% High. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;6/26/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31665, p2
The U.S. Department of Treasury auctioned $25 billion of two-year notes with a 1 1/8% coupon at a 1.179% yield, a price of 99.894. The bid-to-cover ratio was 1.84. Tenders at the high yield were allotted 88.71%.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;10/22/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31496, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of October 2002. Decline in the composite index of Leading Economic Indicators; Increase in the tender rates for 91-day and 182-day discount bills; Auction of two-year notes by the Treasury Department.
- Treasury 4-Week Bills To Raise $12B New Cash. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;11/14/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32508, p2
The article reports on the effort of the U.S. Department of Treasury has to sell a 24 billion dollars of four-week discount bills on November 15, 2006. It has been anticipated by some economists that the 28-day bills will increase to 12 billion dollars in cash and refund 12 billion dollars of...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;8/23/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31209, p2
Reports several developments related to bonds as of August 2001 in the United States. Estimation of the federal surplus for the year 20001; Operation on debt buy back by the Treasury Department; Payment of debt through auctioning in maturing securities; Increase rating on the bonds of Rowlett.
- US Treasury hits out at Germany's growth model. Morris, Pamela // Fundweb;10/31/2013, p13
The article reports on the impact of Germany's reliance on exports. It states that the U.S. Treasury argues that Germany's export-driven growth model leads to a deflationary bias for both euro area and the global economy. It mentions the possibility for Germany to improve its economy based on...
- Treasury Indexed 10-Year TIPs Go At 0.610% High Yield. // Bond Buyer;9/19/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F336, p1
The Treasury Department sold $13 billion of inflation-indexed nine-year 10-month TIPs at a 0.610% high yield, an adjusted price of 95.721526, with a 1/8% coupon.
- CalHFA Exits Treasury's Credit Liquidity Program Early. Peters, Andy // Nationalmortgagenews.com;7/27/2015, p3
The article reports that the independent agency California Housing Finance Agency (CalHFA) has stopped its use on the liquidity program of the U.S. Department of the Treasury where the agency had depended since 2009.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Hume, Lynn; Siegal, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;7/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31678, p2
Presents news briefs related to various aspects of U.S. economy as of July 16, 2003. Concern shown by Alan Greenspan, Federal Reserve Board chairman over the risk of deflation; Increment in the retail sales; Decrement in the New York business condition index; Auction of $8 billion of four-week...