Supreme Court Rejects Owens Corning Petitions
- Supreme Court Asked To Review Owens Corning Ruling. K .K. // High Yield Report;1/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p2
The article reports that the U.S. Supreme Court has been requested to take into reconsideration the ongoing legal dispute over the proposed application of substantive consolidation in the Owens Corning bankruptcy settlement. The Third Circuit reversed a ruling by a district court that would have...
- Supreme Court to Review Ruling on Puerto Rico Restructuring Law. Casey, Jack // Bond Buyer;12/7/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34421, p1
The Supreme Court has agreed to take up Puerto Rico's appeal of a lower court ruling that the commonwealth's local restructuring law is not allowable under federal bankruptcy law.
- The law of corporate restructuring and insolvency in Portugal: a brief introduction from a financial creditor's perspective. Ferreira, Bruno // Insolvency & Restructuring International;
The article provides an overview on the laws governing corporate reorganizations and insolvency in Portugal. It outlines the involvement of financial creditors in the process of formal restructuring and insolvency procedures. It highlights the challenges and risks of the statutory provisions on...
- Estimating likelihood of filing a petition for reorganization and bankruptcy: evidence from Finland. Laitinen, Erkki K. // Liiketaloudellinen Aikakauskirja;2012, Issue 1, p9
The article presents information on a study which determines the likelihood of petition filing for reorganization and bankruptcy contrasting reorganizing and bankrupt firms with viable firms. It provides information on the Finnish Bankruptcy Act (FBA) in which the assets of an unviable firm are...
- New refinancing schemes in Spain. de Luisa, Iñigo; Aldana, Ignacio Buil // Insolvency & Restructuring International;Apr2014, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p27
The article offers information related to the Royal Decree Law 4/2014 (RDL), refinancing and corporate debt restructuring law of Spain came into effect on March 7, 2014 after amendments in the Spanish insolvency law. Topics discussed include restructuring mechanisms of the RDL, refinancing...
- LAS MODIFICACIONES ESTRUCTURALES EN SEDE DE CONVENIO CONCURSAL: UN ANÃLISIS CRÃTICO. RODRÍGUEZ, GERALDINE BETHENCOURT // Revista de Derecho UNED;2015, Issue 16, p1173
The bankruptcy proceeding is established as a procedure to solve the bankruptcy, which primarily pursues the satisfaction of creditors and not the restoration of financial-inherited balance of companies. In this sense, the reorganizational solutions via structural modifications contemplated by...
- American Airlines Seeks Approval of Merger Settlement. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/19/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34014, p1
The article informs that the American Airlines Inc. will ask the bankruptcy court of the U.S. to approve the agreement that settles the federal government's antitrust lawsuit against American's proposed merger with US Airways Group Inc. Sean Lane, Judge at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court will hold a...
- A valuation standard that is difficult to swallow: Interpreting ... 506(a) of the bankruptcy code... Weber, Melissa A. // Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy;Summer97, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p921
Discusses the interpretation of the United States Supreme Court to the valuation standard of the Bankruptcy Code in the case of Associates Commercial Corp. versus Elray Rash. Details of the case; Reversal of the decision of the Fifth Circuit; Basis of decision of the Fifth Circuit.
- Reputation of litigators often earned, study finds. // Journal of Business (10756124);3/26/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p25
The article discusses the paper "Zealous Advocates or Self-interested Actors? Assessing the Value of Plaintiff's Law Firms in Merger Litigation," which reveals how the aggressive approach of law firms help them achieve the best results for shareholders in mergers and acquisitions litigation.