Level 3 Jumps Into Broadband Scramble
- Level 3 Stocks Up For IP Future. // TelecomWeb News Digest;5/1/2006, p2
The article looks at the decision of Level 3 Communications Inc as of May 1, 2006 to acquire TelCove Inc. Level 3 CEO James Q. Crowe said that the acquisition of TelCove increases the company's ability to provide end-to-end bandwidth services to customers. He believes that the additional...
- Level 3 widens scope, continues buying spree. Ames, Ben // Network World;5/8/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p26
The article reports that communication companies Level 3 Communications Inc. has made its third acquisition of TelCove in the U.S. The acquisition of Level 3 Communications Inc. is designed to expand the network of the company to cover additional U.S. cities. The acquisition of Level 3...
- NETWORKS. // Total Telecom Magazine;Jun2006, p4
The article offers news briefs on the telecommunication industry as of June 2006. Level 3 has raised its game in the metropolitan networks space with the acquisition of TelCove. BT reported an increase in revenue for the fourth quarter of 2005. A number of Asian mobile operators have formed a...
- Right-sizing the Balance Sheet. MacFADYEN, KEN // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jun2011, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p18
The article reports that corporate buyers in the U.S. are using acquisitions to adjust their credit profiles. As stated, the acquisition of Global Crossing Ltd. by Level 3 Communications Inc., the synergies pegged at 2.5 billion dollars are expected to ease the combined company's net debt to...
- Wholesale consolidation moves to the next Level: Market remains in flux, but Broadwing may be it for Level 3. Wilson, Carol // Telephony;10/23/2006, Vol. 247 Issue 17, p8
The article reports on the purchase of Broadwing Communications Inc. by Level 3 Communications Inc. for $1.4 billion. The acquisition was an advantage to Level 3 because it boosted the company's emerging business markets group, enhanced its margins, lessened its debt level and increased its...
- GENUITY DEAL NOT ENOUGH FOR LONG HAUL. Weber, Toby // Telephony;12/9/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 17, p9
Focuses on the plan of Level 3 Communications Inc. to acquire Genuity Inc. out of bankruptcy in the U.S. Factors leading the carriers to bankruptcy; Fears of industry watchers on the trend; Possibility that some restructure carriers could declare bankruptcy again.
- Buyer beware of telecom gear. Carlson, Caron // eWeek;12/2/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p11
Reports on the decision of Level 3 Communication Inc. to acquire the assets of Genuity Inc. Trends set up in business scenario by such acquisitions; Apprehensions of getting involved in such business trends; Buyers registered to bid on the assets.
- CenturyLink, Level 3 Stocks Spike; Merger Of Equals? KRAUSE, REINHARDT // Investors Business Daily;10/27/2016, p11
The article reports that the shares of local phone company CenturyLink and Level 3 Communications have both increased on October 27, 2016 after a report that they are in advanced talks to merge their businesses.
- Bouygues rejects Altice's â‚¬10 billion offer. Stubbs, Agnes // Capacity Magazine;7/13/2015, p1
Bouygues has turned down an offer from Altice to purchase its telecoms unit for approximately â‚¬10 billion ($11.4 billion).