Dynegy, Reliant Blaze Hedging-Lite Trail
- Dynegy, Reliant Reduce Hedging. Terzo, Gerelyn // High Yield Report;5/8/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p2
The article reports that Houston, Texas-based independent power producers, Dynegy and Reliant Energy are no longer hedging commodity or power prices. The article explains the traditional hedging strategy of power producers. According to the article, the Dynegy and Reliant are betting that...
- High expectations from RELIANT and DYNEGY. // Power Economics;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p31
Reports that United States-based electric utilities Reliant Energy and Dynegy were expected to show substantial financial growth in the second quarter of 2000. Wall Street analysts' forecast on Reliant's earnings; Reliant's plans to sell off its Latin American and Australian assets.
- Everyone loves a comeback story. // Power Economics;May2003, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p28
Reports on the recovery of the stock performance of several energy companies. Extension of the banking facilities of Dynegy Inc.; Sale of the assets of Williams Cos.; Refinancing of Reliant Energy Inc..
- Reliant RRB seen by early September. KD // Asset Securitization Report;8/13/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 32, p3
Reports on Reliant Energy's plans to unveil the securities offering for the company's stranded costs by early September 2001. United States Securities and Exchange Commission's approval to bring the offering to market; Lead manager of the offering; Agreement with TXU Corp. and Central Power and...
- The Incredible Shrinking Brokerage List. Mehta, Nina // Traders Magazine;Oct2005, Vol. 18 Issue 245, p54
Reports on the marketing strategy of buyside traders as the pool of commissions to pay for research and other services is getting smaller in the U.S. Reduction of broker lists; Assessment of the amount of commissions available to pay for research; Estimate of annual commissions on equity trades....
- Reliant Should Rally a Bevy Of Buyers for Assets. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;03/20/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p4
Provides information on the offers of Reliant Energy Inc. to sell some of its units. Brokerage firm hired by Reliant to handle the transactions; Distributing units of Reliant; Possible buyers of Reliant's properties.
- High gas prices force closure of Dutch plant. // International Power Generation;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 25 Issue 9/10, p5
Reports on the prospective closure of one of the power plants owned by Reliant Energy Inc. in the Netherlands, owing to high prices of natural gas in the country.
- Reliant names Letbetter as replacement for Jordan. // Power Economics;Jan2000, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the appointment of Steve Letbetter as chairman of the board of Reliant Energy following the retirement of Don Jordan. Career background.
- RELIANT expects earnings boost of 30 per cent. // Power Economics;Nov2000, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p31
Reports on Houston, Texas-based energy company Reliant Energy's financial performance for the third quarter of the year 2000. Increase in earnings.