Methodological Issues in Studies of Early Articulatory Development: A Response to Dworkin, Meleca, and Stachler (2003)
- A Longitudinal Investigation of Speaking Rate in Preschool Children Who Stutter. Hall, Kelly Dailey; Yairi, Ehud; Amir, Ofer // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Dec1999, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p1367
Presents a study which compared changes in articulatory rate over a period of two years in subgroups of preschool-age children who stutter and normally fluent children. Metrics of articulatory rate; Methodology; Results; Clinical implications.
- 848. Development of AAV Vectors Targeted to Vascular Endothelium. Stachler, Matthew; Crumine, Jennette; Bartlett, Jeffrey // Molecular Therapy;Jun2005, Vol. 11, p330
An abstract of the article "Development of AAV Vectors Targeted to Vascular Endothelium," by Matthew Stachler, Jennette Crumine and colleagues is presented.
- LIBERAL ADOPTION. Mitchell, Richard // Prospect;Apr2007, Issue 133, p6
The article presents a letter to the editor in response to a column written by Ronald Dworkin on Catholic adoption agencies in the March 2007 issue.
- Predicting Early Bulbar Decline in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis: A Speech Subsystem Approach. Rong, Panying; Yunusova, Yana; Wang, Jun; Green, Jordan R. // Behavioural Neurology;6/2/2015, Vol. 2015, p1
Purpose. To develop a predictive model of speech loss in persons with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) based on measures of respiratory, phonatory, articulatory, and resonatory functions that were selected using a data-mining approach. Method. Physiologic speech subsystem (respiratory,...
- A Preliminary Study of Factors Influencing Perception of Articulatory Rate in Parkinson Disease. Tjaden, Kris // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Aug2000, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p997
Presents information on a preliminary study of factors influencing perception of articulatory rate in idiopathic Parkinson disease (PD). Speech samples of idiopathic PD; Methodology of the study; Results and discussion; Conclusion.
- Developmental and individual differences in visual memory span. Miles, Christopher; Morgan, Michelle J. // Current Psychology;Spring96, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p53
Assesses the effects of chronological age, articulatory suppression and spatial ability on three measures of visual memory span. Increase of memory span in adulthood; Development of the ability to generate accurate visuo-spatial representations; Immunity of the speed of response to the effects...
- A CONSCIÃŠNCIA FONOARTICULATÃ“RIA EM CRIANÃ‡AS COM DESVIO FONOLÃ“GICO. Vidor-Souza, Débora; Mota, Helena Bolli; Santos, Rosangela Marostega // Revista CEFAC;2011, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p196
Purpose: to check the articulatory awareness skills of children with speech disorders, comparing them to children with normal phonological development. Method: the study involved sixty children, thirty from the control group with normal phonological development and thirty from the study group...
- Oesophageal cancer: Model refinement. Seton-Rogers, Sarah // Nature Reviews Cancer;Sep2015, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p511
The article discusses research being done on the progression of Barrett oesophagus (BE) to oesophageal adenocarcinoma (EAC). It references the studies "Whole-genome sequencing provides new insights into the clonal architecture of Barrett's esophagus and esophageal adenocarcinoma" by J. Becq and...
- A re-examination of an irish popularity function. Harrison, Michael J.; Marsh, Michael // Public Choice;Mar1998, Vol. 94 Issue 3/4, p367
Examines the study of an Irish popularity function on the developments in econometric methodology and politics. Relationship between economics and government popularity; Issues of managerial competence; Responsibility of governments in the economy.
- The emergence of mature gestural patterns is not uniform: Evidence from an acoustic study. Nittrouer, Susan // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Oct93, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p959
Discusses contradictory findings observed in the organization of articulatory gestures with regards to their execution and their organization. Objective of study; Selection of subjects; Measurements of acoustic segments and formant frequencies; Implications of results to the correspondence of...