Valuing Notes Receivable Included in an Estate
- Better basis road map. // Practical Accountant;Dec99, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p22
Highlights the application of the terms under a memorandum of the United States Internal Revenue Service concerning the inappropriateness of using the estate tax value for determining the gain realized when the inherited closely held stock was redeemed. Fair market value of property; Necessity...
- The Wealth Transfer Plan Test. Blackman, Irving L.; Whitlock, Brian // Modern Machine Shop;May2005, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p36
Gives advice on taxation-related issues covering transfer of wealth and estate planning in the U.S. Computation of assets of an estate; Techniques used in reducing the value of assets for estate tax purposes; Insurance option for the estate.
- Enjoy Property Now and Avoid Estate Taxes Later. Dunn, Paul J. // ABA Journal;Jan1986, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p67
Focuses on the valuation of real property for estate tax purposes in the United States. Provisions of the 1976 Tax Reform Act relating to land valuation; Good faith sale of property; Advantages of using the sale of remainder interests in assets to reduce estate taxes.
- Estate Tax 'Repeal' Leaves Agents With Uncertain Future. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;06/11/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 24, p26
Editorial. Comments on the plans to repeal estate tax in the United States in 2001. Advantages of the previous estate tax system; Implications of the decrease in real estate taxes and its elimination on January 1, 2010; Suggestions for the members of the Congress.
- Nassau transfer tax destined to fail. Cantor, Martin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);08/13/99, Vol. 46 Issue 33, p51A
Comments on the passage of the real estate transfer tax proposed by Thomas Gullota, member of the Nassau Republican Party Executive Committee. Revenue expectations; Speculations as to why Democrats gave their approval; Economic impact on Nassau County.
- Proposal 4 vote: the untold story. Wieboldt, Bob // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/30/98, Vol. 45 Issue 44, p34A
Opinion. Comments on the proposed real property transfer tax for land preservation proposed in Long Island, New York State. Role of the Long Island Builders Institute in the development of the transfer tax; Goal of the proposal; Alternatives to a transfer tax.
- Open-war for open space. Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/16/98, Vol. 45 Issue 42, p5A
Focuses on the proposed real estate transfer tax for the East End area in Long Island, New York. Use of revenue from proposed measure; Reaction of realtors on the proposal; Supporters of the tax measure; Estimates on the revenue which will be generated from the tax.
- Inheritance tax bills to rise after farmhouse ruling. Fortescue, Sam; Harris, Robert // Farmers Weekly;10/21/2005, Vol. 143 Issue 17, p31
Reports on the increase in inheritance tax bills being paid by farmers and the prohibition of tax relief in Great Britain. Rules set by the tribunal on inheritance tax relief; Coverage of the agricultural value of a farmhouse; Impact of the issue on farmers.
- Estate Planners See Pluses, Minuses in Sweeping Estate, Gift Tax Law Changes. Middleton, Martha // American Bar Association Journal;Sep81, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p1102
Discusses the impact of the estate and gift tax provisions of the Economic Recovery Tax Act 1981 on tax law practitioners in the U.S. Inflation of real estate value; Liquidity needs in the primary estate; Changes in charitable contributions; Removal of tax results considerations required in...