Valuing Notes Receivable Included in an Estate
- Better basis road map. // Practical Accountant;Dec99, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p22
Highlights the application of the terms under a memorandum of the United States Internal Revenue Service concerning the inappropriateness of using the estate tax value for determining the gain realized when the inherited closely held stock was redeemed. Fair market value of property; Necessity...
- The Wealth Transfer Plan Test. Blackman, Irving L.; Whitlock, Brian // Modern Machine Shop;May2005, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p36
Gives advice on taxation-related issues covering transfer of wealth and estate planning in the U.S. Computation of assets of an estate; Techniques used in reducing the value of assets for estate tax purposes; Insurance option for the estate.
- Enjoy Property Now and Avoid Estate Taxes Later. Dunn, Paul J. // ABA Journal;Jan1986, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p67
Focuses on the valuation of real property for estate tax purposes in the United States. Provisions of the 1976 Tax Reform Act relating to land valuation; Good faith sale of property; Advantages of using the sale of remainder interests in assets to reduce estate taxes.
- INHERITANCE TAX, GIFT TAX AND REAL ESTATE TRANSFER TAX IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC. Bohac, Radim // Socialiniu Mokslu Studijos;2010, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p93
This paper is a summary of the legal regulation of transfer taxes in the Czech Republic. Transfer taxes are direct property taxes which tax the transfer of property. The inheritance tax is collected in connection with the transfer of a dead person's property. Property which is donated to...
- Estate Tax 'Repeal' Leaves Agents With Uncertain Future. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;06/11/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 24, p26
Editorial. Comments on the plans to repeal estate tax in the United States in 2001. Advantages of the previous estate tax system; Implications of the decrease in real estate taxes and its elimination on January 1, 2010; Suggestions for the members of the Congress.
- Nassau transfer tax destined to fail. Cantor, Martin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);08/13/99, Vol. 46 Issue 33, p51A
Comments on the passage of the real estate transfer tax proposed by Thomas Gullota, member of the Nassau Republican Party Executive Committee. Revenue expectations; Speculations as to why Democrats gave their approval; Economic impact on Nassau County.
- Proposal 4 vote: the untold story. Wieboldt, Bob // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/30/98, Vol. 45 Issue 44, p34A
Opinion. Comments on the proposed real property transfer tax for land preservation proposed in Long Island, New York State. Role of the Long Island Builders Institute in the development of the transfer tax; Goal of the proposal; Alternatives to a transfer tax.
- Open-war for open space. Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/16/98, Vol. 45 Issue 42, p5A
Focuses on the proposed real estate transfer tax for the East End area in Long Island, New York. Use of revenue from proposed measure; Reaction of realtors on the proposal; Supporters of the tax measure; Estimates on the revenue which will be generated from the tax.
- Why politicians love real estate. Waxman, Lionel // Inside Tucson Business;11/3/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 17, p5
Comments on the real estate tax bill in California. Passage of an initiative that freezes taxes; Proposal of resurrecting a state property tax and establishing a transfer tax; Impact of taxation on the economy.