PLAN YOURâ€¦ TRAINING TOWER
- TRAINING TOWER MAXIMIZES TIME, DOLLARS. Crowe, Robert // Fire Chief;Apr2006, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p54
The article describes the Fire Facilities Lieutenant fire training tower of the Saint Tammany Fire District Number 11 of Pearl River, Louisiana which it acquired in February 2002. The training tower has three stories and offers a controlled environment to enable firefighters to train safely. It...
- PREFIRE PLANNING. // Fire Engineering;Jan2007, Vol. 160 Issue 1, p42
The article focuses on prefire planning techniques for fire departments. A survey of regional fire departments' prefire planning techniques are presented. The use of mobile data terminals (MDT) to record preplans and tactical surveys (TS) of occupancies are discussed. Details related to fire...
- GOING WITH GAS. Brady, Don T. // Fire Chief;Apr2006, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p64
The article reports on the use of gas-fueled fire training simulators by fire departments in New York City, Dallas, Texas and other cities and in rural communities like Oneida, New York. Fire training simulators can replicate fire emergencies in a safe, controlled and environmentally friendly...
- BATTLE FATIGUE. Colletti, Dominic // Fire Chief;Apr2006, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p52
The article discusses the debate surrounding the safety of the use of acquired structures for live-fire training in the United States. The reusable burn building has played an important role in firefighter training. The five issues related to changes in structure fire operation environment are...
- 2013 MSFCA Fire Officers School attendance doubles from 2012. Thoennes, Bill // Minnesota Fire Chief;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p29
Information about the 2nd Annual Fire Officers School held at the Arrowwood Resort and Conference Center in Alexandria, Minnesota from February 9-10, 2013 is presented. The attendees had the opportunity to meet with different educational and equipment vendors to see the educational information...
- The effective postfire critique. Montagna, Frank C. // Fire Engineering;Jul96, Vol. 149 Issue 7, p63
Discusses the benefits of a postfire critique. Firefighters' learning from their own mistakes; Prevention of recurrence of mistake in other firefighters; Presentation of hypothetical postfire critique.
- Farm Bureau sponsors firefighter. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);4/6/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p6
The article reports that the Bosque County Farm Bureau will sponsor a volunteer fireman to attend the Annual Municipal Fire Training School to be held at the Texas A&M University campus on July 24-29, 2011.
- Fire departments encouraged to pursue training for... // Fire Engineering;Mar1998, Vol. 151 Issue 3, p36
Highlights the two federal training programs for fire fighting in the United States. Details on the first-responder terrorism-response training authorized under the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996; Sponsors of the second federal program authorized under the 1996 Nunn/Lugar...
- Smoke divers program: Self-preservation the driving force. DeLia, Nicholas A. // Fire Engineering;Mar1998, Vol. 151 Issue 3, p149
Features the Connecticut Fire Academy's Smoke Drivers Program. Background on the conceptualization of the program; Description of the initial program; Techniques demonstrated in the classroom segment of the program; Out-of-classroom segment; Air consumption and physical exertion.