Project Objectives Help You Work SMART-er
- Do you expect too much? // Executive Leadership;Jan2010, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p3
The article presents tips on how to evaluate standards for oneself adapted from the article "Monday LeaderTip: Applying High Standards Responsibility," by David Peck.
- 3 Popular Goal-Setting Techniques Managers Should Avoid. Grote, Dick // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;1/2/2017, p2
The article offers tips for managers on avoiding the pitfalls of strategic goal-setting techniques including using the SMART acronym in checking whether goals are well stated and ensuring that cascading goals does not limit an individual's goal-setting.
- Hand-on help. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Jan2003, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p6
Editorial. Looks on the need for fire chiefs to use corporate strategies to keep fire departments financially stable and compliant with the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Leadership of fire chiefs; Importance of smart decisions to the safety of firefighters; Training of...
- Achieving Goals And Persistence. Fracaro, Ken // American Salesman;Oct2001, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p8
Focuses on the use of persistence in achieving goals in a company. Description of a core value; Steps in attaining goals; Sources of information updating; Definition of persistence; Guidelines in using persistence to attain a goal.
- Message from Utah State Fire Chiefs Association. Rodriguez, Gil // UFRA Straight Tip;Jul-Sep2014, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p6
The article offers the author's insights on the challenges and problems of the fire department in Utah. He states that the fire department lacks of fund to purchase the basic equipments for their operations and compensations for the fire chiefs. Also mentioned that there are 267 fire departments...
- MSFCA fall conference... have you registered? Mund, Bill // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p4
The article offers a message from the president of the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA) on developments in the association. He emphasizes the progress to the association's website, completion of the "Fire Service Policy Manual," and the MSFCA fall conference in St. Cloud,...
- Integrated emergency management course. Kelly, Joe // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p30
The article offers information on the expanded and improved Integrated Emergency Management Course (IEMC) of the Department of Public Safety Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (DPS-HSEM) for fire department chiefs in Minnesota. It discusses the opportunity offered by the...
- Molecular Vibrations of the New Fire Chief. Coleman, Ronny J. // Fire Chief;Nov2008, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p30
The article shares the author's perception on the need of the fire departments to set qualifications in hiring fire chiefs who have more management experience. He emphasizes one of the most interesting things he found, wherein ranking of skills sets by fire chiefs was totally different than the...
- Officer Development Training. COLEMAN, JOHN "SKIP" // Fire Engineering;Jul2009, Vol. 162 Issue 7, p30
The article offers public opinion on whether the officer development center of a fire department in the U.S. should focus on leadership/management or on strategical/tactical training. One respondent supports strategic/tactical training. Another respondent emphasizes the importance of quality...