Two Firefighters Receive Medal of Valor
- NAMES IN THE NEWS. // Fire Engineering;Aug2004, Vol. 157 Issue 8, p174
Announces the nomination period for the Public Safety Officer Medal of Valor in the U.S. Recognition of firefighters who have exhibited exceptional courage without regard for personal safety in an attempt to save or protect human life; Presentation of the award by the President of the United...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Wentzville Journal;11/9/2011, Vol. 49 Issue 80, pB1
The article announces awards presented in O'Fallon, Missouri, including the Missouri Medal of Valor to police Sergeant Steven M. Landsness, the Rotary Club's Vocational Services Award to Cottleville Fire Protection District firefighter Skip Stephens, and the bicycle each received by two...
- Leadership: Rewards and Education. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2008, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p33
The article presents a call for award nominations for the Public Safety Office Medal of Valor from the U.S. Department of Justice's Office of Justice Programs.
- Medal of Valor Day. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/7/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 37, p59A
Highlights the Medal of Valor Day hosted by the Vocational Education and Extension Board of Suffolk County, New York.
- Jim Whiteshirt accepts national award Dec. 9. // Native American Times;12/17/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 51, p8
The article announces that Tulsa Police Officer Jim Whiteshirt has been awarded with the National Native American Law Enforcement Association (NNALEA) National Medal of Valor on December 9, 2010.
- TPD honors Whiteshirt. SNELL, LISA // Native American Times;7/2/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on a Medal of Valor award given to police officer Jim Whiteshirt of Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Deputies honored. // Ellis County Press;6/ 9/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p1
Photographs of several sheriff deputies in Ellis County, Texas while receiving the Medal of Valor from the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement in Austin, Texas on June 3, 2011 for saving the life of burn victim Jamie Nash including Ryan Connelly, Byran McGee, and Johnny Brown are presented.
- Vice President Biden Honors Public Safety Officers with Medal of Valor. Curtis, Colleen // Whitehouse Blog;2013, p795
A blog post is presented about the remarks delivered by U.S. Vice President Joseph R. Biden in a Medal of Valor ceremony at the White House in Washington, D.C., on February 20, 2013 to recognize the courage of 18 public safety officers who had lost their lives in the line of duty.
- Medal of Valor Nominations Accepted. // Sheriff;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the United States Department of Justice's calling for nominations for the Public Safety Officer Medal of Valor, the highest national award for valor shown by a public safety officer. Qualifications; Deadline for the submission of entries; Contact information.