VFIS Comes Out Against Annex D
- NFPA: Firefighter Injuries Drop to Three-Decade Low. Cable, Josh // EHS Today Exclusive Insight;11/17/2014, p2
The article reports that the U.S. National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) registered a drop in firefighter injuries occurring in the line of duty in 2013 after it started tracking injuries in 1981. Based on survey data, majority of injuries like strains and sprains occurred during...
- AFG Program Changes Award Procedures. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;11/30/2011, p1
The article informs about the changes in the procedure of Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) program for the year 2011.
- Grants available for firefighters. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);11/1/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p5
The article reports on the opening of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Fiscal Year (FY) 2007 Fire Prevention & Safety (FP&S) Grants Program, a part of Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) Program.
- House approves $750M for FY 2004 FIRE Grants. // Fire Chief;Jul2003, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the approval of a bill that provides funding for the assistance to fire fighters grant program in the U.S. Administration of the program under the Emergency Preparedness and response Directorate; Amount of the funding.
- FY 2003 grants now being distributed. // Fire Chief;Jul2003, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the distribution of the 2003 assistance to firefighters grant program in the U.S. Amount of the grants; Recipients of the awards.
- Senate approves up to $750 million for '04 FIRE grants. // Fire Chief;Aug2003, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p23
Reports on the approval of the Homeland Security Appropriations bill for the assistance to firefighters grant program in the U.S. Provisions of the bill; Administration of the grant program under the bill.
- West Shore VFD gets fire truck grant. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);11/14/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p3
The article reports that the West Shore Volunteer Fire Department has received a grant for up to $108,000 that will be used to obtain new tanker/pumper truck.
- Assistance to Firefighters Grant awards exceed $100 million. // Fire Engineering;Sep2003, Vol. 156 Issue 9, p54
Reports on the federal grants given to fire departments for assisting firefighters in the U.S. List of award recipients; Number of departments that received the grant program.
- Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program 2001 report. // Fire Engineering;Sep2003, Vol. 156 Issue 9, p55
Reports on the passage of recommendations under the 2001 Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program by the U.S. Department of Agriculture in the U.S. Provision of additional training in the grant application process; Consideration of directing funds toward specific programs or equipment; Effect of...