FCC Plans Public Safety, Security Bureau
- Wireless Bureau reorganized. // RCR Wireless News;12/1/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p6
Reports on the reorganization of the Wireless Bureau, a division of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Goals of the reorganization effort; Improvement in managerial concerns and organizational substructures; Addition of divisions to the bureau.
- Fighting for Member Interests. Guillory, L. Marie // Rural Telecommunications;Nov2004 Supplement, Vol. 23, p10
Focuses on the Legal and Industry (L&I) division of the National Telecommunications Cooperative Association. Functions of the L&I division; Support given by the division to the organization; Participation of the division in all the major proceedings at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- Private wireless petitions FCC on role of homeland-security bureau. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;12/19/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p14
This article reports on the support given by the U.S. private wireless industry for the creation of a new homeland-security bureau within the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The Homeland Security and Public Safety Bureau at the FCC would include many of the public safety issues....
- Carriers Warm to Idea of FCC Reform. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;11/1/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p11
Reports on the reaction of wireless carriers to the proposed establishment of a homeland security and public safety bureau at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Concerns raised on how the bureau would operate and coordinate with the network operations of carriers; Advantages of...
- At the Portals. // CableFAX Daily;9/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 180, p1
The article reports that U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Kevin Martin intends to create the Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau. It is noted that the bureau will be handling emergency and disaster-related issues.
- Public-safety, security bureau formed. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;10/2/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p3
The article focuses on the Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau formed by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The FCC has named Ken Moran as acting chief of the bureau. The bureau will have a large portfolio of issues including 911, digital wiretap, priority access, emergency...
- FCC reaches out to Texas PSAPs in preparation for Hurricane Rita. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/26/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p4
Reports on the efforts of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in preparing the 911 public-safety answering point (PSAP) for Hurricane Rita in the U.S. Gulf Coast in September 2005. Failure in rerouting the 911 PSAP in the area during Hurricane Katrina; Proposal of the FCC to create...
- CME Courses for Breast MRI CAD. Vasko, Cat // Medical Imaging;Sep2007, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p15
The article announces the educational grant received by the International Center for Postgraduate Medical Education from Confirma Inc.
- Calvin Price State Forest Tour Scheduled. // State Journal (WV);12/14/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 48, pT8
The article reports on the public tour of West Virginia's Division of Forestry to be held on December 15, 2012 at Calvin Price State Forest in Pocahontas County, West Virginia.