DOT: E85 Fuel Fires Mean New Tactics
- Pic of the month. // Works Management;Aug2011, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p6
A photograph is presented depicting a chemical fire which sent exploding aerosols rocketing towards nearby cars and buildings in Crewe, England.
- Wisconsin Gas eases town's recovery from train explosion. Hilliker, Carrie // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Apr97, Vol. 224 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on the emergency management of fire and police departments and public utilities in Wisconsin after an explosion of propane liquid gas carried by an 81-car freight train on a Wisconsin Central Ltd. railroad on March 4, 1996. Occurrence of explosion near the Wisconsin Gas natural gas gate...
- Chinese hills are chronic smokers. // Current Science;1/7/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the efforts of firefighters and scientists to contain the coal fires in Ningxia, China.
- A Fatal Fire with 'Nonflammable' Methyl Chloroform. de Nevers, Noel // Archives of Environmental Health;Sep/Oct86, Vol. 41 Issue 5
Examines the properties of nonflammable methyl chloroform. Factors leading to the death of a welder; Belief on the inability of the material to burn; Display of vapor combustibility.
- CSB recommends changes for Emergency Response Guidebook. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;10/14/2014, p1
The article reports on proposal for safety improvements offered by the U.S. Chemical Safety Board (CSB) to "Emergency Response Guidebook" published by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) for emergency responders to use in transportation incidents. Topics include changes required for...
- Along the Road. // Public Roads;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p50
Focuses on the activities, developments, and other news on highway construction supported by the U.S. Department of Transportation, as of April 2002. Regulations on air quality management; Protection device for crash testing pickup trucks; Proposal on clean air projects; Public-private sector...
- PROPANE EMERGENCIES: MAKING A DIFFERENCE. Noll, Gregory G. // Fire Engineering;Jul2003, Vol. 156 Issue 7, p92
Reports on the National Propane Gas Association and the Propane Education and Research Council's publication of the book 'Propane Emergencies,' a comprehensive training program for the fire service. Aim to improve fire fighter safety in responding to propane emergencies; Contact information for...
- newscom. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/1/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 12, p19
A photograph of the Fort Worth and Haltom City, Texas, firefighters trying to extinguish a chemical fire at K.K. Greer Distribution's industrial complex in Haltom City, Texas is presented.
- Hazardous Materials Release Resulting from Home Production of Biodiesel -- Colorado, May 2006. Killip, K.; Kelley, C.; Howell, S.; Horton, D. K.; Orr, M. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;11/17/2006, Vol. 55 Issue 45, p1227
The article reports on a hazardous materials release resulting from home production of biodiesel. The incident occurred in a residential area of Colorado on May 7, 2006. The details of the event are discussed, as well as the uses of biodiesel and the risks inherent in biodiesel production. The...