- Letters to the Editor. Myers, Russell N.; Ostile-Olson, Marc; Cook, Camille L. // Critical Care Nurse;Oct2004, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p14
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Critical Care of Patients With Obesity," published in the August 2004 issue of "Critical Care Nurse," about the spiritual and emotional needs of bariatric patients.
- Treating obese patients the right way. Klein, Michael // Healthcare Purchasing News;Mar2004, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p82
Discusses several issues involved in treating obese patients. Cost of bariatric equipment; Difficulty in finding a supplier who specializes in bariatric products; Challenge in meeting the emotional and psychological needs of the bariatric patient and their families.
- The Spiritual Comfort Measure. Rice, Larry // Journal of Palliative Medicine;Nov2015, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p910
The article discusses the importance of spiritual care to patients who need palliative care. Topics covered include the assessment of the spiritual and emotional state of patients with life threatening conditions. Also mentioned is the significance of spiritual care to boost and treat the...
- Take a Holistic Approach to Patient Care. Merrick, Cindy // PT in Motion;Dec2015/Jan2016, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p6
The author explains the importance of acknowledging the emotional, social and spiritual needs of patients to improving quality of care through healing arts like counseling, meditation and yoga.
- Restoring healing to health care. Hamel, Ron // Second Opinion;Jul94, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p74
Explores the need for holistic health care and the difficulties in delivering it. Importance of attending to the psychological, emotional, social and spiritual dimensions and needs of a patient and the patient's family; Problems affecting the commitment to provide holistic care.
- The Public Health Implications of the Cost-Effectiveness of Bariatric Surgery for Diabetes. LAITEERAPONG, NEDA; HUANG, ELBERT S. // Diabetes Care;Sep2010, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p2126
An editorial is presented which discusses the cost-effectiveness of bariatric surgery for diabetes and its implications for public health. The authors explain the application of bariatric surgery. They comment on a study about the cost-effectiveness of bariatric surgery for diabetics. They...
- Multidisciplinary team recommended for care after bariatric surgery. Shafer, Emily // Endocrine Today;Jan2011, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p28
This article reports on the release of a clinical practice guideline by the Endocrine Society on the need for endocrine and nutritional management of patients after bariatric surgery.
- Big Challenge Designing for the needs of bariatric patients. Harrell, James W.; Miller, Bill // Health Facilities Management;Mar2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p34
Discusses the development of standards for the design of equipment and facilities for bariatric patients in the U.S. by the Bariatric Room Design Advisory Board. Factors to consider in planning a bariatric patient bedroom and toilet; Impact of the increasing population of obese patients on...
- Procedure Choice in Bariatric Patients with GERD and Motility Disorders. ROSENTHAL, RAUL J.; SZOMSTEIN, SAMUEL; MENZO, E. LO // Bariatric Times;Apr2014, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p25
The article presents a procedure checklists for bariatric patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and motility disorders. Topics discussed include symptoms of GERD, algorithm for bariatric surgery selection in patients with GERD and the need of a bariatric surgery for treatment of...
- Success in Bariatrics Requires Training and Sensitivity. Anderson, Larry // HomeCare Magazine;Dec2013, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p49
The article discusses the factors which should be considered by bariatric services providers for achieving success in their businesses. Topics include providing bariatric equipment catalogs to patients, bariatric equipment and services offered by Roscoe Medical Inc. and knowledge of bariatric...