THIS JUST IN
- Band (width) on the Run. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;5/7/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p102
The article reports on the efforts of cable operators in turning into high-capacity services by expanding their bandwidths in 2007 in the U.S. DirecTV Inc. has promised to slot in 100 new high-definition channels. The FiOS fiber-to-the-home network from Verizon Communications Inc. is planning to...
- DirecTV, TWC Settle False Advertising Suit. // Multichannel News;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p48
The article reports on the settlement of Time Warner Cable's false advertising lawsuit against DirecTV in the U.S. in 2007. DirecTV, which also has a pending false advertising lawsuit against Comcast, has opted for an out-of-court settlement to Time Warner Cable's lawsuit against it. The issues'...
- TWC LOSES VIDEO SUBS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;1/30/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the 129,000 video subscribers lost by Time Warner Cable in the fourth quarter of 2011, adding to a total loss of 453,000 video subscribers for the cable operator in 2011.
- TWC pumps $850,000 into new state-of-the-art hub in S.C. // CED;Aug2012, p8
The article reports on the innovative approach taken by cable operator Time Warner Cable Inc. to its hub in Summerville, South Carolina, which groups services together into pods.
- What $200 Buys a TWC 'Signature' Sub. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/13/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p24
The article reports on the launch of white-glove customer service package Signature Home from Time Warner Cable Inc.
- TV Everywhere's Unfi nished Business. WINSLOW, GEORGE // Multichannel News;1/7/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p11
The article discusses issues related to the TV Everywhere (TVE), a verification system concerning television service providers and Internet Protocol television. It mentions that several cable telecommunications companies including Time Warner Cable Inc., Cablevision Systems Corp. and Cox...
- The Future of Cable's Independent Voices. Gutstein, Chad // Multichannel News;1/7/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p31
In this article, the author expresses his views on dropping of the television network Ovation from the channel line-up of Time Warner Cable Inc. He mentions that Time Warner Cable's chairman has claimed that cable companies need to take severe measures on elevating programming costs. He adds...
- TALES From the Trenches. Spangler, Todd; Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p40
The article discusses the job of cable technicians, focusing on challenges they find in their work. Several stories are told of various situations technicians have found themselves in. The technicians in Anchorage, Alaska, have to deal with moose and big dogs as occupational hazards. A Time...
- Will Cable Nets Kill Their Golden Goose? Richmond, Will // Multichannel News;4/4/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p29
In this article the author discusses the reactions of cable television (TV) networks on the launch by Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) of its new iPad application. He says that the bigger issue that the network leaders should be focusing is whether they desire to risk adding threat to their golden...