Smit: Charter's Got Keller Instincts
- Straight Talk on Keller. // CableFAX Daily;3/20/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 53, p2
Reports on the statement issued by Charter CEO Neil Smit to video subscribers in Keller, Texas. Decrease in the company's market share in the area; Plan of Charter to launch a telephony project in Keller; Estimated amount allocated for the project.
- Allen: Charter's on Track. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/4/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p28
The article reports on the satisfaction of Paul Allen, chairman of Charter Communications Inc., on the performance of the company with its CEO Neil Smit. Allen refers to the recruitment of several executives, the introduction of telephone service and debt refinancing that have helped in paying...
- Charter Numbers:. // CableFAX Daily;8/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 153, p2
The article reports on the strong revenue of cable company Charter for the second quarter of 2006. The company's revenue has increased 8.7 percent to $1.43 billion. It subscription loss is only 37.8K compared to 41.7K in 2005. It has added nearly 24k digital subscription and 53K data. Neil Smit,...
- New-Look Charter May Deal. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p3
The article reports that chief executive officer (CEO) of Charter Communications Inc. Neil Smit might probably join the cable operations in Comcast Corp. in the U.S. However, Smit is still reluctant to join Comcast on March 1, 2010 due to the 21 billion dollars debt of Charter. According to...
- SMIT GETS A FRESH CHARTER. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/10/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 27, p2
Reports on the recruitment of Neil Smit as president and CEO of Charter Communications Inc. in the U.S. Appreciation of the company of Smit's background in customer service, sales, and operations; Career history of Smit.
- Charter Marks Ch. 11 Emergence With Little Internal Fanfare. // Multichannel News;12/7/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 45, p6
The article reports on the Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection filed by U.S.-based cable operator Charter Communication Inc. It notes that the move follows after the cable operator faces verbal slings from DirecTV and complaints from creditors. Furthermore, Charter Communication Inc. chief...
- Charter Eyes AOL Exec. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/8/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p3
Reports on the possible appointment of Neil Smit as CEO of Charter Communications Inc. Information on the selection process being conducted by the company for the position; Career highlights of Smit; Responsibilities of Smit at AOL.
- Charter Chief Sees Ã€ La Carte Looming. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;3/27/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 13, p30
Presents the forecast of Charter Communications president Neil Smit on the emergence of Ã la carte service in the U.S. cable television in 2006. Statement issued by Smit on the service during the Cable Television Affairs Association panel session.
- New Chapter for Charter. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;2/16/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p2
The article reports that multisystem operator (MSO) Charter Communications announced the completion of a prepackaged Chapter 11 restructuring agreement with its bondholders on February 12, 2009. The reorganization plan will cut $8 billion in its debt loan, expected to give a healthier balance...