Looking Online For Audiences, Revenue
- Spreading the Word. Kridel, Tim // Multichannel News;5/8/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p30
The article discusses the measures being taken by programmers of faith-based cable television networks to attract new viewers and keep the core viewers. Broadband portals and original programming are among the tactics networks are trying to eliminate stereotypes and broaden audiences. Many...
- Network Jump-Starts TV Series On the Web. Mack, Ann M. // Adweek;9/13/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 34, p12
This article reports that, as the cable television network WB awaits overnight ratings from last night's premiere of one of its most promising freshman series this season, the network is reveling in viewership results that came from an unlikely source, the Internet. It was the first time a...
- TV Fans Wield Their Online Power. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p36
The article comments on the emergence of the Internet and Web logs as potent media for television viewers and fans to express their sentiments to cable television networks in the U.S. in 2007. The Internet has become an influential medium through which television fans can post their reactions to...
- Networks have faith in religious programing. Katz, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;3/18/96, Vol. 126 Issue 12, p48
Focuses on religious programing for television which has seen an increase by subscribers. Statistics for Faith and Values; Expansion by Trinity Broadcasting Network; Comments from key persons.
- New wrinkles for broadcast. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;8/11/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 45, p2
The article discusses the increase in the average viewer age of the four major broadcasters including American Broadcasting Co., CBS Television Network, and National Broadcasting Co. Inc.
- Diverse auds just want to be shown the money. Phillips, Braden // Variety;04/26/99, Vol. 374 Issue 10, p36
Describes characteristics of the CNBC television network's viewers. Linkage of CNBC's growth to the rise of the stock market; Educational attainment of average viewers; CNBC's viewership outside the home; Ratings of CNBC's programs; Income profile of CNBC viewers.
- ITV Digital reaches for Sky. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Dec2001/Jan2002, Issue 323, p6
Reports on the accessibility of digital services of viewers from cable network ITV in Great Britain. Uplink of the service from the teleport of NTL Broadcast; Task responsibility of NTL to put ITV services onto the Astra direct-to-home digital satellite system.
- Prime access. Smith, Paul // Variety;10/11/99, Vol. 376 Issue 8, p148
Provides information on the growing viewership of Prime television network in Auckland, New Zealand. Alternatives of Prime if two major Kiwi networks have succeeded in their television programming; Comments from Prime Managing Director John Spencer.
- Slava Brings Art for the Masses. Palmer, Caroline // Broadcasting & Cable;7/30/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 30, p24
The article presents information about the efforts by Kris Slava, senior vice president of programming and production for the cable network Ovation TV, to make the arts accessible to television audiences. The network's website features micro-sites for arts audiences. Slava's aim is to offer...