Spreading the Word
- Diverging Over Diversity. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/16/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p22
The article focuses on the different taste of black and white audiences in cable-network viewing. It compares the top-ten most-watched shows in 2008 and cites the analysis conducted by Disney/ABC Television Group on the data of Nielsen Media Research. Eric Deggans notes the impact of programming...
- Looking Online For Audiences, Revenue. Kridel, Tim // Multichannel News;5/8/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p32
The article discusses the use of Internet and mobile video by religious cable television networks in order to attract viewers. Christian consumers are more likely to have access to Internet, use electronic mail and visit a Web site compared to the general population, according to a spring 2005...
- Trips to the other side. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;07/31/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 32, p36
Reports on Travel Channel's offering of programs with paranormal themes. Deviation of the network from its usual travelogue programs; Strategic significance of the network's move; Redirection of the network's thrust to frequent viewers; Financial problems confronting the network with its...
- New wrinkles for broadcast. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;8/11/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 45, p2
The article discusses the increase in the average viewer age of the four major broadcasters including American Broadcasting Co., CBS Television Network, and National Broadcasting Co. Inc.
- Diverse auds just want to be shown the money. Phillips, Braden // Variety;04/26/99, Vol. 374 Issue 10, p36
Describes characteristics of the CNBC television network's viewers. Linkage of CNBC's growth to the rise of the stock market; Educational attainment of average viewers; CNBC's viewership outside the home; Ratings of CNBC's programs; Income profile of CNBC viewers.
- ITV Digital reaches for Sky. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Dec2001/Jan2002, Issue 323, p6
Reports on the accessibility of digital services of viewers from cable network ITV in Great Britain. Uplink of the service from the teleport of NTL Broadcast; Task responsibility of NTL to put ITV services onto the Astra direct-to-home digital satellite system.
- Prime access. Smith, Paul // Variety;10/11/99, Vol. 376 Issue 8, p148
Provides information on the growing viewership of Prime television network in Auckland, New Zealand. Alternatives of Prime if two major Kiwi networks have succeeded in their television programming; Comments from Prime Managing Director John Spencer.
- Pacts boost MTV Asia, Nick. Groves, Don // Variety;03/26/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 6, p38
Provides information on the decision of Music Television (MTV) Asia to provide 24-hour programming in the Philippines and South Korea. Television viewership of the cable network; Alliance between MTV Asia and Mediaquest's Channel 41 in the Philippines; Decision to end a partnership with CJ...
- Murphy's new-look BBC3. // Televisual;Jan2002, p15
Discusses the proposals for television network BBC3 as of January 2002. Increase in the budget for programming; Percentage of programming which will be homegrown; Percentage of BBC3 output that will be interactive; Target audience.