Cytogenetic effects from exposure to mixed pesticides and the influence from genetic susceptibility
- Biomarkers of human exposure to pesticides. Anwar, Wagida A. // Environmental Health Perspectives Supplements;Jun97 Supplement 4, Vol. 105, p801
Focuses on studies made on the cytogenetic effects of work with pesticide formulations. Frequency of chromosomal aberration and/or sister chromatid exchanges among exposed workers; Impact of biomarkers on the study of environmental risk factors; Nature and consequences of genetic change or...
- Cytogenetic analysis of Greek farmers using the micronucleus assay in peripheral lymphocytes and buccal cells. Pastor, Susana; Gutiérrez, Sara; Creus, Amadeu; Xamena, Noel; Piperakis, Stylianos; Marcos, Ricard // Mutagenesis;Nov2001, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p539
The potential cytogenetic damage associated with pesticide use in Greek agricultural workers was evaluated using micronuclei (MN) as biomarkers in lymphocytes of peripheral blood and exfoliated cells of the buccal mucosa. In addition, the effects of pesticide exposure and other variables on the...
- The importance of age and smoking in evaluating adverse cytogenetic effects of exposure to... Tucker, James D.; Moore II, Dan H. // Environmental Health Perspectives Supplements;May96 Supplement 3, Vol. 104, p489
Studies the importance of age and smoking in evaluating adverse cytogenetic effects of exposure to environmental agents. Population studied; Cytogenetic evaluations; Statistical methods; Cell equivalents.
- Healthy living turns back the ageing clock. Coghlan, Andy // New Scientist;9/21/2013, Vol. 219 Issue 2935, p14
The article looks at a report published in "The Lancet" by researcher Dean Ornish and team on the effects of health lifestyle on telomere length in white blood cells of men with prostate cancer, finding that subjects adopting habits such as vegetarianism, exercise, and yoga had longer telomeres.
- Pesticides & food. Rubin, Karen Wilk // FoodService Director;4/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p104
Features the controversial issues surrounding the use of pesticides in the farming industry in the United States. Health aspects surrounding the pesticidal use; Information on the pesticide DDT; Reference to laws to regulate pesticides; Testing standards of the government. INSETS: Glossary of...
- Household pesticide products: How to avoid toxic ingredients. // HealthFacts;Aug97, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the effects of the inert ingredients of household pesticides to health. Considerations in selecting household pesticides; Short-term health effects of inert substances; Inert substances with carcinogenic properties.
- New report examines pesticides' effects on immune system. // Public Health Reports;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 111 Issue 4, p294
Focuses on the findings of a report, entitled `Pesticides and the Immune System: The Public Health Risks,' by Roberto Repetto and Sanjay S. Baliga and published by the World Resources Institute of Washington about the effects of pesticides on human and animal immune systems. Suppression of...
- Statement from the work session on health effects of contemporary-use pesticides: the wildlife/human connection. // Toxicology & Industrial Health;1999, Vol. 15 Issue 1/2, p1
Presents information on a discussion by scientists to discuss their knowledge concerning the distribution and health effects of pesticides used in the United States and Europe. Significance of the discussion; Concerns addressed in the discussion; Consensus made on contemporary-use pesticides.
- Did Uncle Sam misuse pesticides? // Occupational Hazards;Apr95, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p32
Presents information on the National Coalition Against the Misuse of Pesticides and the Government Purchasing Project's report entitled `Failure to Protect.' Evaluation of pest management practices and pesticide use; Listing of pesticides used at federal facilities; Suggested measures.