In 'Innertube,' CBS Floats Shows Online
- Nancy Tellem. Hibberd, James // Television Week;1/29/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p20
The article focuses on the career of Nancy Tellem, president of CBS Paramount Network Television Entertainment Group. Tellem has been charged with bolstering various divisions within CBS Corp., which was spun off from cable operator Viacom in January 2007. Tellem said her company is open to the...
- THE WEBS. // Variety;10/09/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 8, p50
Presents news briefs on television broadcasting on the Web as of October 9, 2000. Deal of producer Rob Greenberg with WBTV; Negotiation between Regency TV executive Tracy Katsky with Gail Berman, entertainment president of the network; Audience rating of Nickelodeon on September 30, 2000.
- The CW Gets Into the Web Game. Benson, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;3/26/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 13, p3
The article reports on a reality television program in development for The CW broadcast network that would present user-generated Internet television segments on a weekly basis. Glen Maynard of CBS Paramount Network Television Entertainment is credited as the program's chief developer. The mixed...
- Programming Politico's Future With Video. Warzel, Charlie // Adweek;5/7/2012, Vol. 53 Issue 18, p11
The article focuses on Politico Live, the Internet television operation of the online journalism Website Politico which reports on U.S. politics and government. Improvements in the production quality and quantity of the broadcasts of Politico Live are examined in terms of the possibility the...
- BC Week. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/14/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 34, p9
The article talks about the approaches used by television networks and studios towards achieving profitability in their online contents.
- The powers that be: The black hole of regulation, censorship and money-making. // China Economic Review (13506390);Dec2011, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p32
The article focuses on the issues on China's internet protocol television (IPTV) and digital, bi-directional TV (DTV). It mentions that competition between the two platforms has predictably split along operator lines, with DTV being promoted by cable network operators, and IPTV advanced by...
- TWC to Launch Speed2 Broadband Net. GIBBONS, KENT // Multichannel News;5/10/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p16
The article offers information on soon to be launched broadband channel called, Speed2, by cable television network, Speed Network, in partnership with Time Warner Cable Inc.
- Invitel developing network. // Hungary A.M.;10/20/2014, p2
The article discusses Hungarian telecommunications provider Invitel's development of broadband technology, quality interactive digital cable television (CATV) and internet protocol television (IPTV), and increasing the household subscribers.
- ITV in search to fill top post at online division. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);5/3/2001, p7
Reports on ITV's search for a senior executive to head ITV.com, the unified online home for all ITV's entertainment and interactivity. Scope of responsibilities of the post; Overseeing of development of entertainment content.