Oxygen Sets Diverse Development Slate
- Behind the reality. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;10/16/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p1
Reports on VH1 cable television network's plans to launch reality television shows in early 2001. Ratings of shows in the genre; Titles of pilot programs being shot by the network; VH1's ratings for the third quarter of 2000.
- CABLE GREENLIGHT ON. Marechal, AJ // Daily Variety;9/11/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 50, p4
The article reports that several cable television networks ordered a slew of unscripted skeins, picking up new series and renewing others.
- High-Riding Lifetime Plans New Diginet. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;04/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p24
Reports on Lifetime Television's plans regarding the summer 2001 launch of Lifetime Real Women, a reality-oriented cable television network. Combination of new and returning original series, such as 'Intimate Portraits' and 'Unsolved Mysteries'; Channel's search for analog and digital distribution.
- Lifetime Spins Off Reality. Mitchell, Kim // Multichannel News;6/4/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p76
Reports the launching of Lifetime Real Women, a genre-based spinoff network of Lifetime Television in the United States. Programs aired by Lifetime Real Women; Schedule for the opening of the network; Strategic plans of the management of Lifetime.
- USA turning 'Mystery' into reality. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;7/11/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 27, p1
Reports the production of the reality series 'Mystery Mansion' by USA Network. Storyline of the series; List of other reality series under production; Details on 'Combat Mission'.
- RDF SHOWS GO TO CHELLO. BARRACLOUGH, LEO // Daily Variety;8/20/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 34, p7
The article reports on the selection of a range of television programs from RDF Rights for Cabler Chello Zone's Zone Reality channel.
- A1 throws challenge to AXN with programming overhaul. Hille, Alfred // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;8/8/2003, p13
The article presents information on re-branding of the channel Adventure One as A1 to meet the challenge offered by rival channels like AXN and National Geographic. A1 is devoting its programming line-up to reality adventure shows to underline its difference from its older and more established...
- Syfy Dials Docu Realities. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/22/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p24
The article offers information on the launch of several broad-based reality shows by SyFy which was formerly known as Sci Fi Channel, as a strategy to broaden its appeal to advertisers as well as to attract viewers including "Mary Knows Best," "Beast Legends," and "Force of Nature."
- USA goes for 'Jones' skein. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;0316/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 13, p6
Reports the production of reality crime-solving show 'Aphrodite Jones' by USA Networks in Los Angeles, California. Information on program director and producer; Commitment to broadcast the show as an hourlong primetime summer special; Plan for a regular franchise of the program.