AT&T's Alternative (to) U-Verse
- Cable getting ready for future of TV ads. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;06/18/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p14
Explores cable television advertising options in the United States. Opportunities offered by video-on-demand and other forms of digital broadband interactivity; Changes in cable's advertising paradigm; Experiments on advertising alternatives for broadband and interactive television.
- AT&T not waiting for Gemstar's guide. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p14
Reports that United States-based cable television operator AT and T has launched an interactive television guide provided by TV Gateway as of November 13, 2000. Background on AT and T's launch of its interactive television services in Iowa.
- Cable TV: Joining the interactive movement. Torr, David // World Broadcast Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p34
Focuses on the interactive services of cable television providers in the United States. Return path problems; DVB standard; Benefits from the use of coaxial cables.
- Who's going interactive? Blake, Pat // Telephony;01/13/97, Vol. 232 Issue 2, p18
Features various cable television networks in the United States that are offering interactive television services. Sony Pictures Entertainment's Game Show Network; Source Media's Interactive Channel and ChannelLink; @Home which is backed by Tele-Communications Inc., Comcast Corp. and Cox...
- Satellite grows in popularity. Anto-Awuakye, Cecilia; Sonoo Singh // Marketing Week;1/24/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p36
Focuses on the growth of popularity of cable and satellite (C&S) channels in Great Britain. Trend in consolidation in the C&S industry; Increase in the use of interactive television; Demographic profile of television viewers.
- Convergence With Love. Grumet, Tobey // Popular Mechanics;Mar2000, Vol. 177 Issue 3, p36
Focuses on the Wink technology used by networks along with cable companies to allow interaction with television. Advantages of the technology; Comments on the fate of the Wink technology.
- Interactive TV Business Models in a Cable TV. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/18/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 52, p54
Examines the market prospects for interactive television in the United States. Impact of interactive television on cable television operators; Current and future business models for interactive television in the U.S.; Other major areas for revenues from interactive-television commerce. INSET:...
- Fulfilling the promise. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;07/10/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 29, p22
Discusses ways in which the cable industry will capitalize on the potential of interactive television (ITV). Projected increase in demand for interactive services; Annual revenues to be generated by ITV by 2005; Cable operators' deployment of digital set-top boxes to add tiers of programming;...
- Make Mess Worse: Vote Interactive TV. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p10
Reports on developments related to interactive television and cable television as of November 27, 2000. Plans of using interactive television during general elections; Comic coverage of the 2000 presidential elections by Comedy Central; High demand for the re-release of the Beatles albums;...