Fox Cable Adds Turner South
- Turner grows in Asia with TruTV. Coonan, Clifford // Daily Variety;11/4/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 23, p5
The article reports that Turner Broadcasting System Inc. will launch TruTV cable net in Asia in early 2010 as a portfolio expansion. It states that TruTV targets male and female audiences ageing 29-39, which has a lineup that is similar to the lineup on its U.S. net. It mentions that the...
- Cable big on sports and kids. // Adweek Western Edition;3/14/94, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the domination of sports and child-oriented programs on cable television. Market launching of Turner Broadcasting; Upcoming entry of USA Networks.
- Turner Readies Multinetwork Promo Blitz. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p29
Reports on Turner Network Sales' development of affiliate promotions for Turner Network Television, TBS SuperStation, and Turner Classic Movies. Offering of integrated opportunities that encompass marketing, advertising sales, and public affairs elements; Airing of two movies with presidential...
- SATELLITE: THE YEAR AHEAD. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;1/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p10
The article announces the plan of DirecTV Inc. to launch 100 high definition (HD) services during the 2007 International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. President Chase Carey has signed the agreements with more than 70 major networks including FX of Fox Cable Networks Services...
- FEEVES STREAM-ING UP. James, Alison; Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Variety;04/30/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 11, p24
Reports on the merger of Italian cable television networks Telepiu and Stream. Terms of the merger; Advantages of the merger to the parent company of Telepiu; Value of the deal.
- SKY HEADS FOR HOME AS CABLERS COZY UP. Jazmines, Tessa // Variety;04/16/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 9, p17
Reports the merger of SKYCable and Home Cable in the Philippines in 2001. Background information on the cable networks; Companies that own SKYCable and Home Cable; Services to be offered by the networks under the merger.
- MTV Networks Plans Merger Of Box, MTV2. Hay, Carla // Billboard;09/02/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 36, p10
Reports on the plans of MTV Networks (MTVN) to merge its Box Music Network and MTV2 music channels. Features of both channels' music content; Weak performance of the channels in many large cable television markets; Outlook for layoffs as a result of the merger.
- CNN shuffles. // Quill;Oct94, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the plan of Turner Broadcasting System Inc.'s Cable News Network (CNN) to change strategy in order to boost ratings. Decline of CNN's ratings; Measures being carried out to effect changes; CNN's financial status.
- Turner going after CNBC. Battaglio, Stephen // Hollywood Reporter;6/12/95, Vol. 337 Issue 32, p1
Reports on Turner Broadcasting System's decision to compete with CNBC through its CNN Financial News network. Force prompting the decision; Problems foreseen; Further study of a possible TBS purchase of King World Productions.