Assessing and Improving the Accuracy of In-Service Teacher's Perceptions of Daily Practice
- Internal Teaching Models of Four Physical Education Graduate Teaching Assistants. Poole, Jon R.; Graham, George // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1996, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p355
This study was designed to be an initial step toward a better understanding of how graduate teaching assistants teach their courses and the influences that shape their teaching decisions. The purposes included gaining insights into internal models that guided their teaching and describing the...
- A Comparison of Self-Monitoring With and Without Reinforcement to Improve On-Task Classroom Behavior. Davis, Tonya N.; Dacus, Sharon; Bankhead, Jenna; Haupert, Megan; Fuentes, Lisa; Zoch, Tamara; Soyeon Kang; Attai, Shanna; Lang, Russell // Journal of School Counseling;2014, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p1
In this study we analyzed the effects of a self-monitoring and self-monitoring plus reinforcement intervention on classroom behavior. A typically-developing high school student demonstrating difficulty staying on-task during classroom instruction was observed in three classroom settings...
- Self-assessment helps classroom focus on learning and understanding. Watterson, Peggy // Science Scope;Apr/May2007, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p61
The article presents a discussion by the author on how self-assessment can help science teachers in integrating classroom focus on learning and understanding. It should be modeled how one reads scientific texts as a scientist and while reading, one should be aware of the thoughts one has and...
- The Curriculum Commentator: Human Relations In the Classroom. Shane, Harold G. // Educational Leadership;Apr1950, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p503
The article focuses on various aspects related to human relations in classrooms. The author had a stimulating experiences when he kept a log of the classroom happenings that were charged with much giving and taking among groups or individuals. These happenings were recorded anecdotally and...
- Increase Motivation and Effort by Making It Their Idea. // Education Update;Aug2013, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p4
The article presents a discussion on strategies for engaging students in various classroom activities including building cognitive capacity, creating positive classroom culture and sustaining focus, adapted from the book "Engaging Students with Poverty in Mind" by Eric Jensen.
- physical education and technology. McLaughlin, Charlie // Children's Technology & Engineering;Mar2012, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses articles published within the issue on topics including the exciting projects initiated by physical education teachers and the integration of subject matter and the activities designed by the teachers.
- Teachers, are you assessing yourselves as professionals? Glazer, Susan Mandel // Teaching Pre K-8;Sep95, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p154
Focuses on ways that a teacher can do a self-assessment of their professional quality of life. Importance of assessment; Unprofessional behavior of teachers; Need for improvement. INSET: Teachers' self-monitoring professional growth checklist..
- Marvelous Marshmallows. // Leadership for Student Activities;Nov2013, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p25
The article offers step-by-step instructions for playing the marvelous marshmallows within a classroom setting.
- (E)PORTFOLIO (LISTOVNIK) UÄŒITELJA -- INSTRUMENT ZA NAÄŒRTOVANJE, SPREMLJANJE, VREDNOTENJE IN URAVNAVANJE LASTNEGA STROKOVNEGA RAZVOJA. Rupnik Vec, Tanja // Iskanja;2011, Vol. 30 Issue 41/42, p49
The aim of the article is to substantiate the role of teacher's portfolio in the processes of professional development and career planning. With this aim in mind we answer two key questions: a. how adults learn and develop and b. what role can the portfolio has in these processes. We define...