Physical Education Through Students' Eyes and in Students' Voices: Implications for Teachers and Researchers
- PLACE OF AEROBICS IN THE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM OF REPUBLIC OF BULGARIA. Nestorova, Dimka // Activities in Physical Education & Sport;2013, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p85
Physical education in organized form is included in all established pedagogical systems and in the theories of the most famous and renowned thinkers, philosophers, representatives of pedagogique thought in the world. In Bulgaria physical education appeared first in the time of the National...
- PERCEPTIONS OF COMPETENCE, IMPLICIT THEORY OF ABILITY, PERCEPTION OF MOTIVATIONAL CLIMATE, AND ACHIEVEMENT GOALS: A TEST OF THE TRICHOTOMOUS CONCEPTUALIZATION OF ENDORSEMENT OF ACHIEVEMENT MOTIVATION IN THE PHYSICAL EDUCATION SETTING. Cury, F.; Da Fonséca, D.; Rufo, M. // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Aug2002, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p233
Examines the trichotomous conceptualization of endorsement of achievement motivation in the physical education setting. Concept of achievement goals; Context of trichotomous model; Types of goals.
- Clark W. Hetherington: A Perspective and Some Questions. Tipton, Charles M. // Kinesiology Review;Feb2013, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p107
Within the archives of Springfield College are the unofficial minutes of the Gulick Academy of Physical Education from 1906-1909. Surprisingly, the attendance, participation, and presentations of Clark W. Hetherington were not very impressive, which raised the question, what had he accomplished...
- Reaching your fitness goals. // Mayo Clinic Fitness for Everybody;2005, p76
Presents fitness goal-setting tips. Being specific; Setting initial goals for a few weeks at a time; Measurement of the success based on the specific performance criteria; Detailing the performance goals for six and 12 months and beyond; Writing goals in a journal or on a calendar.
- Fire Up Your Workout. Kallen, Ben // Men's Fitness;Jul2003, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p74
Offers mental tricks for boosting intensity in physical workouts. Preparation for the workout; Importance of a conscious decision to have an intense workout; Visualization of things that need to be accomplished through the workout; Goals in working out.
- TÄ”LESNÃ KULTURA A Å½IVOTNÃ PROSTÅ˜EDÃ II. Moudr, Vratislav // Physical Culture / Telesna Kultura;2013, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p27
This text extends the article Physical culture and environment which was recently published in this journal. That article gave reasons for physical culture and exercises (as well as all human cultural activities) which are not integrated functionally into the development and stability of nature,...
- Research on the Model of Physical Education Activities based on Cognitive Exercises. Zeng Min // Advances in Information Sciences & Service Sciences;Mar2013, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p520
Through the model, the investigation and the analysis, we believe that if we establish and adapt to the teaching strategy (and cognitive goal of a new work plan), we will improve training quality and positive actions and spontaneous to trigger to sports and leisure activities. At the same time,...
- Effect of Perceived Sport Competence on Intentions to Exercise Among Adolescents: Mediating or Moderating? Weidong Li; Bo Shen; Rukavina, Paul B.; Haichun Sun // Journal of Sport Behavior;Jun2011, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p160
The present study examined whether perceived sport competence mediates or moderates the effects of ego goal orientations on intentions to exercise among urban adolescents. Participants were 248 middle school students who completed relevant questionnaires. The regression analyses indicated that...
- Discussing The Impact of Physical Educational Atmospheric Pollution on Students Emotion. Cui Caiyun; Mu Runkuan // International Journal of Applied Environmental Sciences;2013, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p1715
This paper adapts the method of the overall random sampling, selecting primary school, middle school, university altogether ten schools to grant 1400 questionnaires within Shanxi province, the effective returned questionnaires has 1200, the effective return rate is 58.7%. The survey result: The...