How Sixth Graders Perceive Effort and Skill
- Middle School Students' Perceptions of Coed versus Non-Coed Physical Education. Osborne, Kelly; Bauer, Amy; Sutliff, Michael // Physical Educator;Spring2002, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p83
Provides information on a study that investigated middle school student perceptions of participating in physical education within coeducation and non-coeducation classes. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study.
- A comparison of time in the training zone from two independent studies involving middle school... Strand, Brad; Reeder, Steve // Physical Educator;Early Winter93, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p180
Compares the results of two independent studies of time spent in the training zone for middle school physical education students. Subjects' wearing of a Polar Vantage XL wireless heart rate monitor (HRM); Pre-selection and pre-programming of a training zone on HRM.
- The effect of critical cues on overhand throwing efficiency of elementary school children. Fronske, Hilda; Blakemore, Connie // Physical Educator;Spring97, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p88
Determines the effectiveness of multiple action cues in helping grade school students improve performance of a motor skill in a physical education class. Review of related literature; Method of instruction; Recommendations for cue modification; Providing a game-like situation in instructing...
- Effect of an Integrated Physical Education Setting on Motor Performance of Preschool Children With Developmental Delays. Zittel, Lauriece L.; McCubbin, Jeffrey A. // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Jul1996, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p316
The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of an integrated physical education setting on the motor performance of preschool children with developmental delays. Subjects participated in segregated and integrated physical education classes and were observed practicing locomotor and...
- Competitive activities in physical education: How do students perceive fun? Phillips, Sharon R.; Bernstein, Eve // New Zealand Physical Educator;Feb2012, p19
The article offers information on the conference regarding importance of competitive activities that are being provided during physical educators entitled Physical Education New Zealand (PENZ) Conference 2011. It mentions the perceptions of various middle school students towards competition in...
- Assessing and Grading Middle School Students. Mohnsen, Bonnie // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Nov98, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p13
Assesses the grading system for middle school physical education programs. Demonstration of competence in school; Strategies of providing punishment and rewards to students; Role of grading in assessing performance of school children.
- The Role of Teachers' Support in Predicting Students' Motivation and Achievement Outcomes in Physical Education. Tao Zhang; Solmon, Melinda A.; Xiangli Gu // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct2012, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p329
Examining how teachers' beliefs and behaviors predict students' motivation and achievement outcomes in physical education is an area of increasing research interest. Guided by the expectancy-value model and self-determination theory, the major purpose of this study was to examine the predictive...
- Total Fitness Live. // Fitness Management;Jan2008, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p26
The article focuses on the Total Fitness Live program at the Riverwinds Community Center in Thorofare, New Jersey, which ran from September to October 2007. The program aimed to encourage middle school students to participate in 60 minutes of physical activity everyday after school. Students...
- General Attitudes of Middle School Students Towards Physical Education. Barney, David; Christenson, Robert // Asian Journal of Physical Education & Recreation;2012, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p24
Attitudes are formed by beliefs and experiences a person has had in their life (Silverman & Subramanian, 1999). This principle applies to middle school students' attitudes in physical education. The purpose of this study was to determine middle school students' attitudes towards physical...