Students' Voices in Two Alternative Elementary Physical Education Programs
- Children's Perceptions of a District-Wide Physical Education Program. Prusak, Keven A.; Davis, Tirza; Pennington, Todd R.; Wilkinson, Carol // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2014, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p4
Couched in attitude theory, this follow-up study examines children-voiced perceptions of enjoyment and usefulness toward a district mandated elementary physical education (PE) program. Attitudes of 277 5th and 6th grade males and females from four representative schools from within a district...
- EDITORS' NOTES. Dyson, Ben; Kulinna, Pamela Hodges // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2014, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss various reports within the issue on topics including the attitude of children on a physical education (PE) program, the influence of pre-professional socialization on teachers, and the participation of students to physical activity clubs.
- Active Supervision Patterns of Physical Education Teachers and Their Relationship With Student Behaviors. Van der Mars, Hans; Darst, Paul; Vogler, Bill; Cusimano, Barbara // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1994, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p99
Supervision patterns of elementary physical educators were analyzed in relation to work involvement patterns of students in each teacher's class. The supervision patterns analyzed included teacher location, rate of movement, and provision of verbal feedback. Work involvement by students was...
- Creating Inclusive Physical Education Opportunities in Elementary Physical Education. Simpson, Kimberly; Mandich, Angela // Physical & Health Education Journal;Winter2012, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p18
This qualitative study explores the supports and barriers teaching elementary physical education for students with a disability. Eight elementary school teachers were interviewed using semi-structured interviews. Elementary school teachers were selected as participants because they are...
- SÄ±nÄ±f Ã–ÄŸretmeni AdaylarÄ±nÄ±n Fen Bilimlerine KarÅŸÄ± TutumlarÄ±: TÃ¼rkiye, Hollanda ve Romanya Ã–rneÄŸi. ERSOY, Özge; ERGÜN, Mustafa // Journal of Turkish Science Education (TUSED);Jun2014, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p85
No abstract available.
- Physical Activity for Children. Sanders, Steve // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Nov98, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p3
Focuses on the changes in physical education (PE) for elementary school children. Importance of physical activity; Guidelines for PE programs; Supports of physical educators on promoting PE in schools.
- Physical activity levels and attitudes toward physical activity and eating habits in an urban elementary school setting. MATTHEWS, TRACEY; O'NEILL, ELIZABETH; KOSTELIS, KIMBERLY // Journal of Physical Education & Sport;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p16
To examine children's attitude toward physical activity (CATPA), eating habits, and physical activity in 3rd, 4th, & 5th graders (N = 61) in an urban school. During physical education class, students were administered the Children's Attitude Toward Physical Activity (Schutz et al., 1981), and...
- CLASSROOM TEACHERS AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION: WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND HOW THEY FEEL ABOUT IT. Faucette, Nell; Patterson, Pat // Education;Fall89, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p108
The purposes of this study were threefold: to examine the behaviors of elementary classroom teachers when teaching physical education; to examine student activity levels in those classes; and to discern those teachers' attitudes about teaching physical education. Five fourth and fifth grade...
- Elementary School Classroom Teacher Delivered Physical Education: Costs, Benefits and Barriers. Sherman, Clay P.; Tran, Cynthia; Alves, Yara // Physical Educator;Late Winter2010, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p2
Given academic priorities and budgetary constraints in the current elementary school milieu, the classroom teacher will likely remain a primary physical education provider. Understanding classroom teachers 'perspectives related to costs, benefits, and barriers to teaching physical education is...