Retrieval and Review
- Retrieval and Review. Locke, Lawrence F. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1993, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p85
This article presents a series of published materials, references, and pages, which refer to teachers, teaching, and the development of physical education. The list includes articles from the "Physical Educator," "Journal of Physical Education," "Recreation and Dance," "Perceptual and Motor...
- Publication Reviews. // Palaestra;Spring2000, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p49
Reviews the periodical `Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly: Questioning Our Research Assumptions,' (Vol. 15, No.3, July, 1998), edited by M. Bouffard and J. Watkinson.
- Past, present, future. Sherrill, Claudine // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Jan1997, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Editorial. Talks about the history of the periodical `Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly.' Goals for writers; Criteria for the selection of editorial board; Criteria for adapting physical activity as a scholarly discipline; Assumptions comprising the occupational therapy paradigm.
- Digest Commentary. H. Pitetti, Kenneth // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Jan1994, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p100
This article presents a letter to the editor regarding the Digest section of "Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly," Vol. 10.
- DIGEST. Rizzo, Terry; Casebolt, Kevin; Faison-Hodge, Jennifer; Sayers, Kristi; Piletic, Cindy K.; Ozmun, John C. // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Oct2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p422
Presents brief abstracts of several articles on adapted physical activity published in the October 2003 issue of the periodical "Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly," which were previously published in different scientific journals.
- 25 Candles. Rizzo, Terry L. // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Apr2009, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p99
An editorial is presented which discusses the 25th anniversary of "Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly." The author recognizes several individuals who have contributed to the periodical's success, including editors Geoffrey D. Broadhead, Greg Reid, and David L. Porretta. Achievements of the...
- The Legacy of Early Adapted Physical Activity Research. Broadhead, Geoffrey D.; Burton, Allen W. // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Apr1996, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p116
In this opinion paper, we pose the question whether the current generation of scholars have taken advantage of the rich legacy of early adapted physical activity (APA) research. We believe that this legacy often has been ignored, even though it holds many treasures waiting to be rediscovered. We...
- Wheelchair Tennis Participation and Well-Being. // Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology;Jun1990, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p112
This article presents a discussion of the article titled "Wheelchair Tennis Participation and Well-Being" by C.M. Greenwood, D.A. Dzewaltowski, and R. French from "Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly." The authors studied the self-efficacy and psychological well-being of those who competed in...
- Birth of a Journal. Broadhead, Geoffrey D. // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Jan1984, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
This article examines the periodical "Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly" (APAQ). The APAQ invites manuscripts from the fields of corrective therapy, gerontology, health science, occupational therapy, pediatrics, physical education, physical therapy, recreation, and rehabilitation. The APAQ's...