Goals and Their Associations With Beliefs About Success in and Perceptions of the Purposes of Physical Education
- Editors' Page. Metzler, Michael W.; Templin, Thomas J. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1986, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p139
This article presents a letter from the editor, which discusses each of the articles covered in the issue. The articles in this issue have a connected theme surrounding personal perceptions of students, teaching methods, and curriculum. Each article in the issue and the research studies that...
- Task is where it's at. Grove, J. Robert; Buckworth, Janet // Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology;Dec1998, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p437
Discusses the abstract of the paper `Achievement goal orientations and participation in physical education among male and female sixth form students,' written by C.M. Spray and S.J.H. Biddle and published in the `European Physical Education Review.'
- Motivation, Disciplined Behaviour, Equal Treatment And Dispositional Flow In Physical Education Students. Moreno Murcia, Juan Antonio; Villodre, Néstor Alonso; Galindo, Celestina Martínez; Gimeno, Eduardo Cervelló; Ruiz Pérez, Luis Miguel // Journal of International Social Research;Aug2008, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p446
The purpose of this study is to analyse the possible relations between dispositional goal orientations, perceived motivational climate, discipline, coeducation and the flow state in physical education students. The sample consists of 1,103 students with an average age of 14. The results show...
- EVALUATION OF ACHIEVEMENT OF UNIVERSAL BASIC EDUCATION (UBE) IN DELTA STATE. OSADEBE, P. U. // Education;Spring2014, Vol. 134 Issue 3, p420
The study evaluated the objectives of the Universal Basic Education (UBE) programme in Delta State. It considered the extent to which each objective was achieved. A research question on the extent to which the UBE objectives were achieved guided the study. Two hypotheses were tested. A sample of...
- The Thoughts and Behaviors of Learners in the Inclusion Style of Teaching. Byra, Mark; Jenkins, Jayne // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1998, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p26
Describes student decision making in the inclusion style of teaching in physical education (PE). Basis of learner decision making when selecting alternative levels of difficulty; Link between positive views of PE and success in PE; Variables critical to learning.
- Middle School Students' Perceptions of Coeducational and Same-Sex Physical Education Classes. Treanor, Laura; Graber, Kim; Housner, Lynn; Wiegand, Robert // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1998, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p43
Examines the perceptions of middle school students of coeducational and same-sex physical education classes in the U.S. Difference on perceived strength between male and female; Comparative reception on physical education in male and female; Implications for physical education teaching.
- Student Attitude Toward Physical Education and Physical Activity: A Review of Measurement Issues and Outcomes. Silverman, Stephen; Subramaniam, Prithwi Raj // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1999, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p97
Examines the student attitude toward physical education. Evaluation of students' physical activity; Overview of the concept of student attitude; Discussion of issues related to attitude measurement.
- A Review of Behavior Analysis Research in Physical Education. Ward, Phillip; Barrett, Tim // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p242
This article provides an overview of behavior analysis, reviewing its history and the experimental research conducted in physical education settings. Articles were selected from five journals by looking through each issue to identify those that used a single-subject design to assess the effects...
- Why do some students who are good at physical education... Morey, Ruth S.; Karp, Grace Goc // Physical Educator;Spring98, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p89
Presents a study which examined the competent students and their attitudes towards physical education. Methodology of the study; Factors that influences students attitude towards physical activity; Results.