Identifying the Task Requirements Essential to the Success of a Professional Ice Hockey Player: A Scout's Perspective
- The Good, the Inept, and the Stingy. Wilner, Barry // Hockey Digest;
Focuses on National Hockey League teams' management department as of April 2001.
- TURN, TURN, TURN. McGuire, Pierre // Sports Illustrated;12/12/2011, Vol. 115 Issue 23, p116
The author offers opinions on the firing of hockey coaches and hiring of replacement coaches by the St. Louis Blues, Carolina Hurricanes and Anaheim Ducks hockey teams of the National Hockey League (NHL).
- A glut of deals has some teams peaking, others plummeting. Custance, Craig // Sporting News;3/15/2010, Vol. 234 Issue 7, p65
The article describes the deals made by National Hockey League teams before the trade deadline for the 2009-2010 season, including the Toronto Maple Leafs, the Phoenix Coyotes, and the New Jersey Devils. INSETS: The difference-makers;Taking inventory of the new Coyotes.
- Canada Gets Its Groove Back. Roden, Marjorie // Hockey Digest;Mar2002, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p34
Focuses on the preparation of Team Canada for the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City, Utah. Daily on-ice sessions focussed on playing on the larger international-sized ice; Extension of the training session; Canadian style of play.
- Habby Anniversary. Farber, Michael // Sports Illustrated;10/13/2008, Vol. 109 Issue 14, p59
The article examines how the Montreal Canadiens hockey team of the National Hockey League plans to commemorate its 100th anniversary during the 2008-2009 season. The team, which has won more Stanley Cups than any other NHL franchise, will introduce a ring of honor at its Bell Centre arena and...
- Net Reality. Cazeneuve, Brian // Sports Illustrated;1/17/2011, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p34
The article focuses on hockey goalkeepers in the National Hockey League (NHL). A trend in which NHL teams are reluctant to employ goalkeepers with large salaries is examined. These teams feel the league's salary cap rule makes it a better decision to economize at that one position and offer...
- Red of the Blues. // Time;
The article offers information regarding the National Hockey League (NHL) team, St. Louis Blues while focusing on the team's star player, Gordon "Red" Berenson. It notes the decision of the team's coach, Scotty Bowman, in acquiring Berenson. It offers details on Berenson's background and career...
- A Great Word Of Caution. Kennedy, Kostya // Sports Illustrated;02/26/2001, Vol. 94 Issue 9, p65
Focuses on the management of the Phoenix Coyotes, after Wayne Gretzky, and others, purchased the National Hockey League (NHL) franchise on February 15, 2001. Efforts by Gretzky to mold the team into a championship caliber squad; Rationale behind the decision to fire general manager Bobby Smith...
- Central. Cazeneuve, Brian; McGuire, Pierre // Sports Illustrated;10/13/2008, Vol. 109 Issue 14, p76
The article presents a forecast of the 2008-2009 season for the teams in the Central Division of the National Hockey League (NHL). The Detroit Red Wings are predicted to repeat as division champions. Summary evaluations of each team in the division are presented, along with lists of their major...