Teacher Moonlighting: Interviews With Physical Educators
- Wanted: a part-time job. // Cleo;Oct2002, Issue 360, p66
Discusses several factors to consider before applying for a part-time job.
- Loss in part-time jobs pushes up unemployment rate. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;8/15/2003, p1
This article discusses the rise in unemployment in July, 2003 in Canada. The employment decline was all in part-time jobs. Since the start of 2003, employment has increased only 0.5% as compared to 2.3% in the corresponding period last year. Employment fell by 15,000 among youths, a rise of 0.2%...
- Business as a Real Partner. Pratt, Joel // Phi Delta Kappan;Feb91, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p420
Discusses the role of business community in the reform of school systems in the U.S. Percentage of seniors in public high schools in the U.S. who already hold at least part-time jobs; Primary responsibility of business; Factor that supports changes in the way the nation handles the transition...
- The Benefits of a Blended Career. Luedtke, Heidi Smith // Massage & Bodywork;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p64
No abstract available.
- Part-time work and industry growth. Fallick, Bruce C. // Monthly Labor Review;Mar99, Vol. 122 Issue 3, p22
Provides information on the study which focused on knowing how much stock should be put in the apparent association between employment growth and the prevalence of part-time workers in an industry in the United States. Definition of relative growth rate of an industry; Methodology; Employment...
- Your part-time dream job. Quinn, Jane Bryant; Cool, Lisa Collier // Good Housekeeping;Nov2003, Vol. 237 Issue 5, p97
Discusses the factors that should be considered by mothers considering part-time jobs. Tip on saving money; Types of jobs to look for; Advice for full-time working mothers who want to cut back; Advice on how to make it work.
- Training: is it really worth it? Coryton, Laura // Basic Skills Bulletin;6/17/2013, Issue 127, p6
The article offers information on the report issued by National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) of Australia related to the impact of training on the casual employment. It states that in relation to transitions from casual employment to other forms of employment, the independent...
- HOW TO GET A JOB. POINSETT, ALEX // Ebony;May1964, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p79
The article focuses on the issue of unemployment among African Americans in the U.S and offers suggestions on how to utilize existing skills for a job. It is stated that a person should try to analyze himself and discover his strong and weak points and prepare a sheet citing these things....
- Should teens work. // Junior Scholastic;11/16/98, Vol. 101 Issue 7, p15
Focuses on whether teenagers in the United States should be allowed to work. Sense of responsibility from a part-time job; Physical effects of part-time work on teenagers.