Use of Instructional Statements by Preservice Teachers for Overhand Throwing Performance of Children
- Student teachers: Incidents that lead them to confirm or question their career choice. Jones, Rhys // Physical Educator;Early Winter92, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p205
Studies incidents that lead physical education student teachers to re-evaluate their career choice. Influence of teaching practice experience on student teachers; Call for the improvement of student teaching practices; Evaluation of student teaching.
- Systematic observation training for preservice physical education teachers. Behets, Daniel // Physical Educator;Spring93, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p87
Studies observation training for physical education student teachers in the United States. Observation systems used in the study; Observations of student teachers before and after an observation training period; Focus of attention of student teachers; Differences in observed behavior.
- Chapter 6: Assessing Knowledge. Tjeerdsma, Bonnie L.; Metzler, Michael W.; Walker, Theresa M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p476
Examines the knowledge areas in the Physical Education Teacher Education assessment program. Level of knowledge on physical education content and movement; Analysis of the written final exams from the introductory methods courses; Competency of the knowledge standard of student teachers with...
- Chapter 10: Making Decisions for Program Improvement. Tjeerdsman, Bonnie L.; Metzler, Michael W. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p538
Outlines the use of assessment evidence in making decisions to maintain or change the parts of the Physical Education Teacher Education program. Effectiveness in areas of student dispositions and pedagogical knowledge; Demonstration of positive aspects of professional and personal development;...
- Effects of Supervisor Performance Feedback on Increasing Preservice Teacher's Positive Communication Behaviors With Students With Emotional and Behavioral Disorders. Rathel, Jeanna Marie; Drasgow, Erik; Christle, Christine C. // Journal of Emotional & Behavioral Disorders;Jun2008, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p67
The purposes of this study were to examine the effects of supervisor performance feedback on preservice teachers' rates of positive and negative communication behaviors with students with emotional and behavioral disorders and the effects of the intervention on the preservice teachers'...
- Effects of a Multimedia Performance Principle Training Program on Correct Analysis... Williams, Emyr U.; Tannehill, Deborah // Physical Educator;Fall99, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p143
Investigates the effectiveness of a multimedia training protocol on physical educators' ability to analyze and diagnose throwlike sport skill movements. Qualitative analysis of movement; Programmatic skill analysis training; Technology as applied to skill analysis research; Method and analysis...
- A Comparison of National Board Certified Teachers with Non-National Board Certified Teachers on Student Competency in High School Physical Education. Phillips, Amber // Physical Educator;Fall2008, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p114
The purpose of this study was to describe the differences of teachers with and without National Board Certification in relation to their percentages of student competency in high school physical education. Data from the South Carolina Physical Education Assessment Program (SCPEAP) were used as...
- Ä°LKÃ–ÄžRETÄ°MDE BEDEN EÄžÄ°TÄ°MÄ° DERSÄ°NDE KULLANILAN Ã–ÄžRETMEN KILAVUZ KÄ°TAPLARININ SINIF Ã–ÄžRETMENLERÄ°NÄ°N GÃ–RÃœÅžLERÄ°NE... // e-Journal of New World Sciences Academy (NWSA);2011, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p860
No abstract available.
- Lab school as a teaching strategy in physical education teacher education. Garrett, Robyne; Wrench, Alison; Piltz, Wendy // ACHPER Australia Healthy Lifestyles Journal;2007, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p19
Teaching and learning to teach are complex processes that involve an array of skills, competencies and knowledge forms. This has implications for teacher education programs and the provision of authentic learning experiences for student teachers. This paper describes a supported lab school...