Exploring Dimensions of Marginality: Reflecting on the Life Histories of Physical Education Teachers
- Where Good Intentions Meet Harsh Realities: Teaching Large Classes in Physical Education. Hastie, Peter A.; Sanders, Stephen W.; Rowland, R. Scott // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1999, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p277
Examines the practices and experiences of elementary school physical education teachers in providing quality learning experiences to students. Performance of the teachers; Perception on marginalization; Existence of the feelings of powerlessness over situations.
- Stretching bodies and minds through technology. Mohnsen, Bonnie // Educational Leadership;Nov97, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p46
Presents how teachers are using technology to help meet national standards in physical educational courses. Using technologies to monitor performances in golf, tennis and general fitness; Applying technology at Montebello Intermediate School's physical educational courses. INSET: Physical...
- Footprints and Signposts: Perspectives on Socialization Research. Lawson, Hal A.; Stroot, Sandra A. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul1993, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p437
The article discusses research concerning teacher socialization for physical education teachers. Theories from previous research into the subject are examined, and the pitfalls of value-free inquiry in socialization research as an idealized standard are discussed. Instead, research must pay...
- The Perceived Relevance of Physical Education. Saffici, Christopher // Physical Educator;Fall99, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p138
Examines the relevance of teaching physical education. Benefits of physical activity; Things that physical education teachers need to consider when trying to connect to all students; Differences in grading between physical education and other subjects in school; Ethical accountability; Conclusion.
- Conference welcome. Grinter, Chris // New Zealand Physical Educator;Oct2012, p10
In the article, the author focuses on Physical Education (PE) teachers in New Zealand. He pays tribute to all PE teachers for their contribution in the educating young people and students. He mentions that the schools overlook PE teachers in many activities of school and treat them as a...
- Physical Education: Futures, destiny and destinationsâ€¦. Penney, Dawn // Physical Educator - Journal of Physical Education New Zealand;Feb2011, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p4
The author expresses his belief that the future for Physical Education in Aotearea New Zealand will be determined by how each teacher intends to deliver the course. He emphasizes the value of plotting clearly the purpose of the curriculum before it is developed and to have a vision of the target...
- Integration at the Primary level. Winker, Daria // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Sep98, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p19
Presents tips in the integration of other subjects in teaching physical education. Relevance of the approach to the primary-level objectives in education; Enhancement of the learning situations of the students; Distinction of quality physical education program as approach in teaching.
- NEW AWARD VOTING PROCEDURE. Morrison, Patricia // COAHPERD Journal;Aug2014, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p4
The article offers information on the award voting procedure of trade body Colorado Association for Health Physical Education, Recreation and Dance and the changes in the 2014 recognition committee.
- Provocacions de l'alumnat I emociÃ³ d'ira del professorat d'EducaciÃ³ FÃsica. Ayme, Sylvain; Ferrand, Claude; Barata, Núria Puig // Apunts: EducaciÃ³ FÃsica i Esports;2010, Issue 102, p22
The purposes of this article are: (a) to identify the different types of student misbehaviour in Physical Education classes and (b) to relate these types of misbehaviour to the anger reactions (and their degrees of intensity) of five physical education teachers in preferential educational...