Persistence of Beliefs About Teaching During Formal Training of Preservice Teachers
- The socialization strategies of first-year physical... Williams, Jacqueline A.; Williamson, Kay M. // Physical Educator;Spring98, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p78
Presents a study that examined the socialization strategies utilized by physical education teachers to succeed in their first year of teaching. Methodology of the study; Data collection; Obstacles encountered by teachers; Findings of the study.
- Classroom teachers' responses and feedback efforts during a collaborative practicum for... Kurz-McPherson, Karen A.; Faucette, Nell // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Mar94, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p68
Examines classroom teachers' feedbacks to preservice physical education teachers during a collaborative practicum for the preservice educators. Practicum setting; Collaborative program design; Classroom teachers' participation in providing written feedbacks.
- Current and recommended preparation of physical education... Van Donselaar, Lee; Leslie, David K. // Physical Educator;Early Winter90, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p209
Examines the preparation of physical education teachers in the exercise physiology knowledge base. Subdiscipline that plays a fundamental role in the preparation of physical education teachers; Basic applications of exercise physiology; What the study revealed.
- A descriptive profile of teacher preparation practices in physical education teacher education. Strand, Bradford N. // Physical Educator;Spring92, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p104
Examines some of the common practices that colleges and universities are using in the preparation of physical education teacher education majors. Profile demographics; Coaching preparation; Skill/activity course requirements; Peer teaching; Pre-student teaching; Student teacher supervision.
- Finding more teaching opportunities for physical education teacher education. Poole, Jon R. // Physical Educator;Winter94, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p53
Describes the involvement of undergraduate sports pedagogy majors enrolled in a teaching practicum course and instructors teaching in the Basic Instructional Program (BIP). Peer teaching support; Development of teaching cases; Classroom or action research; Qualitative data collection.
- Thinking beyond the square: The challenge to physical educators in new times. Kirk, David // Quest (00336297);May97, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p182
Opinion. Examines five topics for research pertinent to forming a base of information for program reform in physical education teacher education. Information on Juan-Miguel Fernndez-Balboa's theories on the reform of physical education teacher education; Details on the physical activity field...
- An investigation of the rhythmic awareness of physical education teaching majors. Kovar, Susan K.; Mehrhof, Joella H. // Physical Educator;Late Winter95, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p40
Examines the self-perception of physical education (PE) majors in a teacher preparation program on their ability to move in time to music and their self-consciousness when moving to music. Subjects' tendency to perform well with popular music; Inability of those who were on-beat to identify...
- Using technology in preservice teacher supervision. Sharpe, Tom; Byra, Mark // Physical Educator;Late Winter 97, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p11
The article discusses the technologies used in preservice teaching practices for physical education teachers. Components of the teacher education process; Importance of daily teaching practices; Effects of teaching in student practices; Difficulties of teacher supervision; Instruments for...
- SOCIALINIO RENGIMO REIKÅ MÄ– SPORTO PEDAGOGÅ² GEBÄ–JIMUI KURTI PALANKÅ² PAMOKOS PSICHOLOGINÄ® KLIMATÄ„. Malinauskas, Romualdas; Žalienė, Irina // Pedagogy Studies / Pedagogika;2006, Issue 82, p80
The problem of the research work is the question whether social training increases the ability of future sport pedagogues to create favourable psychological climate in a lesson. Pedagogical practice and practical training of social psychology and pedagogical ethics are interpreted in our work as...