Validity of Interval Recording in Measuring Classroom Climates in Physical Education
- Appropriate or Inappropriate Practice: Exercise as Punishment in Physical Education Class. Barney, David; Pleban, Francis T.; Fullmer, Matt; Griffiths, Rachel; Higginson, Kelsey; Whaley, Dez // Physical Educator;LateWinter2016, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p59
There is an expectation that physical educators will provide games, activities, and interactions that will positively affect student attitudes toward being physically active throughout their lives. Unfortunately, certain pedagogical practices have been employed in physical education (PE) classes...
- Connecting instruction and management in a student-centered classroom. Martin, Nancy K. // Middle School Journal;Mar97, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p3
Discusses changing trends in the classroom environment. Refocusing of classroom management goals to a student-centered classroom; Paradigm shifts; Problems in implementing student-centered classrooms; Impact on the creation of a learning community.
- Interactive bulletin boards foster cooperative spirit. Kreidler, William J. // Instructor-Intermediate;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p60
Suggests ideas for improving the classroom environment and fostering good behavior and relations between students. Interactive bulletin boards that foster cooperative spirit; Activity to keep track of positive behavior among primary students; Activity to solve conflicts among intermediate...
- Work Smarter, Not Harder. LaBelle, Sandy // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Sep2000, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p28
Offers advice on how to improve classroom management skills. Shifts in instruction to benefit both students and teachers; Creation of a positive classroom environment; Ways of helping students become more responsible.
- The Regular Classroom Environment. Lieberman, Laurence M. // Journal of Learning Disabilities;May1982, Vol. 15 Issue 5
Focuses on attributes of regular classrooms and regular class teachers that can be changed. Representation of the first step in the diagnostic process leading toward appropriate individualized programming; Finding that children with different kinds of learning and behavior problems function...
- THE IMPACT OF PHYSICAL SPACE ALTERATION ON DISRUPTIVE CLASSROOM BEHAVIOR: A CASE STUDY. Hood-Smith, Nancy E.; Leffingwell, R. Jon // Education;Winter83, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p224
The purpose of the case study was to assess the effects of the rearrangement of the desks in an open classroom on the incidents of disruptive behavior occurring in that classroom. Results revealed that the alteration of the physical environment produced positive responses from students through...
- A ROOM WITH CLASS! Prescott, Jennifer // Instructor;Aug2000, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p34
Presents some ideas for decorating classrooms. Construction of a teepee in the reading area; Creation of an art center; Significance of colorful and cozy curtains using bulletin board paper.
- Classroom Environment Instruments: Development, Validity and Applications. Fraser, Barry J. // Learning Environments Research;1998, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p7
Few fields of educational research have such a rich diversity of valid, economical and widely-applicable assessment instruments as does the field of learning environments. This article describes nine major questionnaires for assessing student perceptions of classroom psychosocial environment...
- PrÃ¡ctica de la enseÃ±anza y gobierno de la clase. Javier Merchán Iglesias, Francisco // Revista EspaÃ±ola de PedagogÃa;2011, Issue 250, p521
This article emphasizes, firstly, the importance of studying the practice of teaching in the classroom. After noting the methodological difficulties and the conceptual difficulties that raise the research in this field, stressing the need for an explanatory framework for the performance of...