Beliefs, Interactive Thoughts, and Actions of Physical Education Student Teachers Regarding Pupil Misbehaviors
- Chapter 7: Assessing Pedagogical Knowledge. Metzler, Michael W.; Tjeerdsman, Bonnie L.; Mozen, Diana M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p487
Examines the pedagogical knowledge of student teachers in accordance with the National Standards for Beginning Physical Education Teachers. Scope of the general pedagogical knowledge; Evidence of the pedagogical knowledge of students in class management and interaction with learners; Standards...
- Students' and Staff's Opinions about the Reflective Practice Process Implemented in a Preservice Physical Education Teacher Programme. Cloes, Marc; Mouton, Alexandre // Asian Journal of Exercise & Sports Science;Jun2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p67
Teachers' reflection is considered as a determining factor in physical education teacher education (PETE), Despite the emphasis that is provided to this approach, it is noteworthy that it is not proposed systematically in higher education. A specific unit focusing on reflective practice was...
- Creating a Before-School Physical Activity Program: Pre-Service Physical Educators' Experiences and Implications for PETE. McMullen, Jaimie; van der Mars, Hans; Jahn, Julie A. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct2014, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p449
The purpose of this study is to describe the experiences of physical education teacher education (PETE) majors enrolled in an internship course that provided them with authentic experiences promoting and facilitating a before-school physical activity (PA) program and to examine the associated...
- Attitudes of Middle School Students Toward their Physical Education Teachers and Classes. Ryan, Stu; Fleming, David; Maina, Michael // Physical Educator;Spring2003, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p28
Provides information on a study that determined the attitudes of middle school students toward their physical education teachers and physical education class and relate the findings to a similar study with high school students. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study.
- The Effects of Three Teacher Supervision Patterns on Student On-Task and Skill Performance in Secondary Physical Education. Sariscsany, Mary Jo; Darst, Paul W.; Van der Mars, Hans // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan1995, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p179
This study sought to determine the effects of three teacher supervision patterns on student on-task and practice skill behavior. Three experienced physical education instructors and 3 off-task junior high school males served as subjects. An alternating treatments design was used to study the...
- The Effect of a Female Physical Educator's Physical Appearance on Physical Fitness Knowledge and Attitudes of Junior High Students. Dean, Melony Blair; Adams II, Thomas M.; Comeau, Matthew J. // Physical Educator;Late Winter2005, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p14
This study was designed to determine if a female physical educator's appearance of body fatness affects 1) the cognitive performance of junior high school students on a test of health-related fitness knowledge, and 2) student attitudes toward the instructor. Ninety-three seventh through ninth...
- Student teachers: Incidents that lead them to confirm or question their career choice. Jones, Rhys // Physical Educator;Early Winter92, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p205
Studies incidents that lead physical education student teachers to re-evaluate their career choice. Influence of teaching practice experience on student teachers; Call for the improvement of student teaching practices; Evaluation of student teaching.
- Systematic observation training for preservice physical education teachers. Behets, Daniel // Physical Educator;Spring93, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p87
Studies observation training for physical education student teachers in the United States. Observation systems used in the study; Observations of student teachers before and after an observation training period; Focus of attention of student teachers; Differences in observed behavior.
- Clinical Setting for Future Physical Education Professionals. Mathias, Kirk // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jan99, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on a program providing practical settings for physical educators in Arizona. Motive for setting up the program; Composition of the program; Opportunities received by student teachers.