An Exploratory Study of Undergraduate Recruitment into Several Major Programs at One University
- Student teachers: Incidents that lead them to confirm or question their career choice. Jones, Rhys // Physical Educator;Early Winter92, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p205
Studies incidents that lead physical education student teachers to re-evaluate their career choice. Influence of teaching practice experience on student teachers; Call for the improvement of student teaching practices; Evaluation of student teaching.
- Systematic observation training for preservice physical education teachers. Behets, Daniel // Physical Educator;Spring93, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p87
Studies observation training for physical education student teachers in the United States. Observation systems used in the study; Observations of student teachers before and after an observation training period; Focus of attention of student teachers; Differences in observed behavior.
- Yes, We Can Play Games Differently: Socialisation of PETE Teachers. Cruickshank, Vaughan; Swabey, Karen // Journal of Research & Reflections in Education (JRRE);Jun2013, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
This paper investigated the educators' perspective of the effects of socialisation on physical education teacher education (PETE) students' confidence and competence in using the less traditional Teaching Games for Understanding (TGfU) approach to teaching physical education. A critical review...
- The Whole is Greater than the Sum of the Parts: A Reflection on Leaders in Motion. Dubuc, Martin // Physical & Health Education Journal;Autumn2006, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p12
The article reflects on the CAHPERD 2006 student leadership summer camp, Leaders in Motion. The camp brings together university students studying physical education that were selected for their leadership skills. The author discusses the importance of social support in leadership and the impact...
- New Perspectives for Teaching Physical Education: Preservice Teachers' Reflections on Outdoor and Adventure Education. Timken, Gay L.; McNamee, Jeff // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2012, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p21
The purpose of this study was to gauge preservice physical education teachers' perspectives during one physical activity pedagogy course, teaching outdoor and adventure education. Teacher belief, occupational socialization and experiential learning theories overlaid this work. Over three years...
- Impact of Occupational Socialization on the Perspectives and Practices of Sport Pedagogy Doctoral Students. Hong-Min Lee; Curtner-Smith, Matthew D. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Sep2011, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p296
The purpose of this study was to examine the impact of occupational socialization on the perspectives and practices of sport pedagogy doctoral students in terms of physical education (PE) teaching and physical education teacher education (PETE). Participants were 12 students. Data were collected...
- The existence of conflicting perceptions in a secondary physical education student teaching... Askins, Jeanette Crawfo; Imwold, Charles H. // Physical Educator;Winter94, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p35
Describes the experience of one secondary physical education intern as he progressed through the student teaching experience. Student teacher's interactions with other participants; Behaviors during teaching episodes; Documents and reflective journal entries; Conflicting perceptions; Social issues.
- Chapter 10: Making Decisions for Program Improvement. Tjeerdsman, Bonnie L.; Metzler, Michael W. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p538
Outlines the use of assessment evidence in making decisions to maintain or change the parts of the Physical Education Teacher Education program. Effectiveness in areas of student dispositions and pedagogical knowledge; Demonstration of positive aspects of professional and personal development;...
- Chapter 6: Assessing Knowledge. Tjeerdsma, Bonnie L.; Metzler, Michael W.; Walker, Theresa M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p476
Examines the knowledge areas in the Physical Education Teacher Education assessment program. Level of knowledge on physical education content and movement; Analysis of the written final exams from the introductory methods courses; Competency of the knowledge standard of student teachers with...