The Short Term Relationship of Teacher Feedback and Student Practice
- The Meaning and Organization of Physical Education Teachers' Actions During Conflict With Students. Flavier, Eric; Bertone, Stefano; Hauw, Denis; Durand, Marc // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct2002, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p20
This study employed methodological principles of the course-of-action theory in order to identify the typical organization of teachers' actions when in conflict with one or more students. Eighteen physical education teachers were filmed during physical education lessons and then participated in...
- Chapter 7: Assessing Pedagogical Knowledge. Metzler, Michael W.; Tjeerdsman, Bonnie L.; Mozen, Diana M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p487
Examines the pedagogical knowledge of student teachers in accordance with the National Standards for Beginning Physical Education Teachers. Scope of the general pedagogical knowledge; Evidence of the pedagogical knowledge of students in class management and interaction with learners; Standards...
- Cooperating Teacher Perceptions of and Experiences in the Student Teaching Practicum. Tjeerdsma, Bonnie L. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan1998, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p214
Examines the cooperating teacher (CT) perceptions of and experiences in the student teaching practicum. Impact of practicum on teaching beliefs in physical education; Interactions between CT and student teachers; Importance of constructivist theory of learning in understanding CT perceptions of...
- AWARDS COORDINATOR. // Kentucky Newsletter for Health, Physical Education, Recreation &;Spring2011, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p8
The article informs about the invitations for nominations of physical educators and students for honors and awards from the Kentucky Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (KAHPERD).
- An Inclusion Instrument Based on Planned Behavior Theory for Prospective Physical Educators. Kudláèek, Martin; Válková, Hana; Sherrill, Claudine; Myers, Bettye; French, Ron // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Jul2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p280
The purpose was to provide validity evidence for an attitude survey that will predict the intention of Czech prospective teachers to include students with physical disabilities in general physical education (GPE). Based on the theory of planned behavior (Ajzen, 1991, 2000), the Czech Attitude...
- Clinical Setting for Future Physical Education Professionals. Mathias, Kirk // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jan99, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on a program providing practical settings for physical educators in Arizona. Motive for setting up the program; Composition of the program; Opportunities received by student teachers.
- Systematic observation training for preservice physical education teachers. Behets, Daniel // Physical Educator;Spring93, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p87
Studies observation training for physical education student teachers in the United States. Observation systems used in the study; Observations of student teachers before and after an observation training period; Focus of attention of student teachers; Differences in observed behavior.
- Chapter 6: Assessing Knowledge. Tjeerdsma, Bonnie L.; Metzler, Michael W.; Walker, Theresa M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p476
Examines the knowledge areas in the Physical Education Teacher Education assessment program. Level of knowledge on physical education content and movement; Analysis of the written final exams from the introductory methods courses; Competency of the knowledge standard of student teachers with...
- Student teachers: Incidents that lead them to confirm or question their career choice. Jones, Rhys // Physical Educator;Early Winter92, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p205
Studies incidents that lead physical education student teachers to re-evaluate their career choice. Influence of teaching practice experience on student teachers; Call for the improvement of student teaching practices; Evaluation of student teaching.