Teacher Role Identity of Student Teachers in Physical Education: An Interactive Analysis
- Teacher Perceptions About Effective and Successful Teaching. Arrighi, Margarite A.; Young, Judith C. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan1987, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p122
The purpose of this investigation was to examine the perceptions of preservice and inservice teachers about successful and effective teaching. Two samples of preservice and inservice teachers responded to open-ended questions concerning their perceptions of teaching effectiveness and their own...
- New Perspectives for Teaching Physical Education: Preservice Teachers' Reflections on Outdoor and Adventure Education. Timken, Gay L.; McNamee, Jeff // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2012, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p21
The purpose of this study was to gauge preservice physical education teachers' perspectives during one physical activity pedagogy course, teaching outdoor and adventure education. Teacher belief, occupational socialization and experiential learning theories overlaid this work. Over three years...
- Clinical Setting for Future Physical Education Professionals. Mathias, Kirk // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jan99, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on a program providing practical settings for physical educators in Arizona. Motive for setting up the program; Composition of the program; Opportunities received by student teachers.
- SPECIAL-PURPOSE, CONTENT AND TECHNOLOGICAL SUPPORT OF THE PHYSICAL EDUCATION SKILLS FORMATION OF STUDENTS IN THE UNIVERSITY. Gratsianovich, Nagovitsyn Sergey // Theory & Practice of Social Development;2013, Issue 6, p1
With development of civilization the role of physical education is growing substantially. In this regard there is a need for the physical education system develop-ment focused on the students' creative and cognitive activities in the physical education field, teaching of the ways to handle the...
- Influence of Occupational Socialization on Two Preservice Teachers' Interpretation and Delivery of the Sport Education Model. Stran, Margaret; Curtner-Smith, Matthew // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2009, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p38
The purpose of this study was to (a) examine how two preservice teachers (PTs) interpreted and delivered the sport education (SE) model during their student teaching and (b) discover factors that led to the their interpreting and delivering the model in the ways they did. The theoretical...
- Chapter 5: Assessing Dispositions. Tjeerdsma, Bonnie L.; Metzler, Michael W.; Walker, Theresa M.; Mozen, Diana // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p451
Examines the attitudes and beliefs of student teachers about teaching, physical education and learners in Atlanta, Georgia. Perceptions toward the Physical Education Teacher Education program in Georgia State University; Assessment of the dispositions among student teachers; Details on the...
- The Impact of a Field-Based Elementary Physical Education Methods Course on Preservice Classroom Teachers' Beliefs. Xiang, Ping; Lowy, Susan; McBride, Ron // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p145
The present study focused on preservice classroom teachers' beliefs about elementary physical education and the impact of a field-based elementary physical education methods course on their beliefs. Participants (N=97) completed questionnaires at the beginning and at the end of the course....
- EDITORS' NOTE. Solmon, Melinda; McBride, Ron // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2008, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p269
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on a variety of issues related to teaching physical education and another on the development of preservice teachers.
- Observation and Analysis of Skills of Student Teachers in Physical Education. McCallister, Sarah G.; Napper-Owen, Gloria // Physical Educator;Late Winter99, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p19
Discusses a study which identified the observations of student teachers and responses during physical instruction at the secondary level. Student response to instruction category; Function of teacher behaviors; Implications of the study.