The Effects of Two Teaching Styles on College Students' Achievement of Selected Physical Education Outcomes
- Give my game back! The Skillrythmics Revolution. Neil, John // Australasian Parks & Leisure;Summer2010, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p24
The article demonstrates the approach "Skillrhythmics," developed by John Casey and Nici Rice. They aim to enhance the physical and social and emotional skills in real environments like the street and the beach. Their approach is based on observation, ground coaching and training and research...
- A parent's guide to...Ball skills. // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);4/8/2013, Vol. 112 Issue 4316, p28
The article provides a guide for parents to held the early learners develop ball skills. It notes that learning ball skills allow young children to take advantage of sports and games opportunities when they are older, develop eye-tracking and focusing skills and develop co-ordination and...
- STUDY REGARDING THE WAYS IN WHICH THE GYM-BALLS CAN BE USED DURING THE PHYSICAL EDUCATION LESSONS. // Gymnasium: Journal of Physical Education & Sports;2010, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p56
The article presents a study on the use of gym-balls in physical education lessons in schools. The study was conducted at the Pedagogical School of Tianjin, China in which 30 physical education lessons were observed for analyzing the different uses of the ball for improving agility, strength,...
- â€žEDUBALâ€ JAKO NOWA METODA W PEDAGOGII GIER I ZABAW Z PIÅKÄ„ -- PRZEGLÄ„D BADAÅƒ. Rokita, Andrzej; Cichy, Ireneusz // Rozprawy Naukowe;2014, Vol. 45, p70
The aim of this study was to sum up the experiences gained during twelve-year research on effects of using educational balls called 'edubal' in PE classes in grades 1 to 3 of the primary school (i.e. children aged 7 to 10). The research was carried out in Poland an in Germany. The authors...
- GET YOUR BALLS OUT. // Ralph;May2005, p174
Presents several exercises using medicine balls. Head crunches; One-leg squats; Hammer throws; Push-ups.
- 20 minutes to a better body. Heaner, Martica // Redbook;Jul2005, Vol. 205 Issue 1, p40
Presents a 20-minute workout to a better body that can be performed in a backyard. Use of a rubber ball to perform Squat Catch; Increase in speed in each skip using a jump rope.
- Activate Physical Education With Medicine Ball Training. Faigenbaum, Avery D.; Mediate, Patrick // Strength & Conditioning Journal (Allen Press);Jun2005, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p25
Medicine ball training can be a safe, effective, and fun method of conditioning for physical education students.
- HEALTH & wellness. Halvorson, Ryan // Gay & Lesbian Times;3/8/2007, Issue 1002, p30
The article offers various exercise styles with the use of medicine balls. These include the medicine ball crunch, pullover starting and finishing position, the woodchop squat and the lunge with rotation. These exercises are said to be best with there is a little time to work out with other...
- Long-Ball Workout. Quill, Scott // Men's Health;Oct2004, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p216
Presents information on the benefits offered by long-ball workout. Methods for executing the workout.