Sport Pedagogy Research: From Information-Gathering to Useful Knowledge
- Misapplication of Teaching Concepts. Hare, Molly K. // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jan2002, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p15
Provides examples showing the misapplication of the teaching concepts by physical education teachers. Correction of every performance error that is noticed; Use of circle of parallel line organizational patterns in any sport setting; Resolutions for appropriate application of the rule of teaching.
- Idea Exchange. // NEA Today;Oct2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p26
Presents tips on teaching. Advice for physical education teachers; Use of charity address labels; Idea on encouraging students to aspire for top-level jobs.
- Using Comprehensive Teaching Models to Enhance Pedagogical Content Knowledge. Mohr, Derek J.; Townsend, J. Scott // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jul2002, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p32
Evaluates the use of comprehensive teaching models to enhance physical education teachers' pedagogical content knowledge. Sport education; Tactical games approach; Ecological task analysis.
- A Study of the Collaborative Research Process: Shared Privilege and Shared Empowerment. Rovegno, Inez; Bandhauer, Dianna // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1998, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p357
Examines the collaborative research process between an elementary physical educator and a university researcher. Effect of collaboration on the teacher and researcher; Use of standard participant observation; Discussion of shared privilege and shared empowerment.
- Finnish Physical Education Teachers' Self-Reported Use and Perceptions of Mosston and Ashworth's Teaching Styles. Jaakkola, Timo; Watt, Anthony // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Sep2011, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p248
The main purpose of the study was to analyze teaching styles used in Finnish physical education. Another aim was to investigate the relationships between background characteristics of teachers and use of teaching styles. The participants of the study were 294 (185 females and 109 males) Finnish...
- Physical Education Teachers of the Year. De Marco Jr., George Mario Paul // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Mar99, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p11
Gives examples of characteristics and instructional behavior of exemplary physical education teachers. Possession of extensive content and pedagogical content knowledge acquired over the years; Exhibition of automaticity and fluidity in teaching behavior; Ability to respond to contingent...
- Effects of Contact Time and Location of Practicum Experiences on Attitudes of Physical Education Majors. Hodge, Samuel R.; Jansma, Paul // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Jan1999, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p48
Attitude change of physical education majors was studied in relation to number of weeks in all introductory adapted physical education (APE) course and type of practicum location (on- or off-campus I. Data were collected using the Physical Educators' Attitude Toward Teaching Individuals with...
- Cooperating Teacher Perceptions of and Experiences in the Student Teaching Practicum. Tjeerdsma, Bonnie L. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan1998, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p214
Examines the cooperating teacher (CT) perceptions of and experiences in the student teaching practicum. Impact of practicum on teaching beliefs in physical education; Interactions between CT and student teachers; Importance of constructivist theory of learning in understanding CT perceptions of...
- The effects of varying supervisory conferences on pre... McCullick, Bryan A.; Coulon, Stephen C. // Physical Educator;Late Winter98, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p38
Presents information on a study which examines selected elements of the supervisory process during undergraduate teaching practicums of physical education teachers. Methods of the study; Observations; Analysis of study findings.