Classroom Teachers' Observations of Physical Education Lessons
- Moving Connections: Interdisciplinary Learning Through a Middle School Sport Science Fair Project. Miller, Therese // Missouri Journal of Health, Physical Education, Recreation & Dan;2005, Vol. 15, p1
Presents an interdisciplinary teacher preparation program for physical education and elementary education majors. Student participation in the program; Activities included in the program; Evaluation of the program's outcome.
- THE NUMBER SENSE OF PRESERVICE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEACHERS. Tsao, Yea-Ling // College Student Journal;Dec2005, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p647
The purpose of this study was to explore cognitive process used by selected preservice elementary teachers on basic types of problems involving number sense. The sample was selected from students in six intact entry-level mathematics sections of a course populated by preservice elementary school...
- Comic Groups. McCracken, Aimee // NEA Today;Spring2014, p8
The author presents a personal narrative of her experiences as an elementary school teacher, wherein she uses comic strips as an education aid.
- THE POWER OF PLAY. // INPUT Newsletter;Sep2013, p3
The article provides an overview of the revised Ontario Physical Education Curriculum 2010. Topics discussed include the challenge for elementary teachers of physical education of assessing the active living strands, two movement competence strands and three living skills strands and a solution...
- What is a First-Year Elementary School Teacher to Do? Supplying the Classroom for the Early Elementary Grades. JORDAN, MICHELLE A.; SINCLAIR, BECKY B.; SZABO, SUSAN // Delta Kappa Gamma Bulletin;Spring2010, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p6
This study was undertaken in response to a novice teacher's realization that most early elementary school teachers (grades K-2) purchase and provide the majority of their classroom supplies, teaching tools, charts, posters, books, crafts, games, manipulatives, and props used to conduct lessons....
- O USO DO “V” DE GOWIN NA FORMAÃ‡ÃƒO DOCENTE EM CIÃŠNCIAS PARA OS ANOS INICIAIS DO ENSINO FUNDAMENTAL. Leboeuf, Henri Araujo; de Lourdes Batista, Irinéa // InvestigaÃ§Ãµes em Ensino de CiÃªncias;2013, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p697
This work investigates the use of the heuristic instrument, known as Gowinâ€™s â€œVâ€ Diagram, in elementary school teachers pre-service education. It is part of a research that aimed to investigate possible contributions of a potentially meaningful teaching approach that...
- Enhancing Elementary Preservice Teachers' Understanding of Variation in a Probability Context. Canada, Daniel L. // Conference Papers -- Psychology of Mathematics & Education of No;2006 Annual Meeting, p1
This paper, by sharing an excerpt from an exploratory study aimed at the statistical understanding of elementary preservice teachers, describes changes in class responses to a probability task where variation is a key component. Overall, going from before to after a series of instructional...
- A FORMAÃ‡ÃƒO CONTINUADA DO DOCENTE NO ENSINO FUNDAMENTAL. dos Santos, Hellen Thaís; Rosa, Marcelo Vinícius Creres; Preti, Fátima Regina; de Jesus Ferreira Scheide, Tereza; Tomiazzi, Everton; Brito, Maria Cristina Ponçano; Caseiro, Sandra Regina // Colloquium Humanarum;jan-jun2011, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p47
This article presents the results of the survey conducted among elementary school teachers belonging to Pirapozinho Division Municipal, State of Sao Paulo. The study aimed to identify the understanding of aspects of continuing education in the face of initial training from the perspective of...
- Fountain of Knowledge. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);9/17/2008, Vol. 136 Issue 38, p4A
A photograph of third-grade teachers who accepted the Mentos Challenge at Shady Grove Elementary School in Texas is presented.