Sex-Role Stereotyping Behaviors Among Elementary, Junior, and Senior High School Physical Education Specialists
- An Analysis of Physical Education and Non--Physical Education Teachers at the Elementary and Secondary Levels on Statewide Teacher Assessment. Tyson, LeaAnn; Silverman, Stephen // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1994, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p85
The purpose of this study was to investigate differences in scores on the Texas Teacher Appraisal System between subgroups of teachers. The scores for physical education and non-physical education teachers and for elementary and secondary teachers in a large school district over a period of 2...
- What to teach teachers of middle-schoolers. Manning, M. Lee // Education Digest;Apr94, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p46
Offers several recommendations for middle-level teacher education programs. The importance of experiences which emphasize accepted middle-level concepts and philosophical beliefs; Field experiences; Other aspects of teacher education programs.
- COMPARATIVE SCORES. P. L. B. // America;12/13/1919, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p166
The article presents a comparison of teachers' salaries in five middle western states in the U.S., based on the record from the National Education Association. Salaries for high school, intermediate, and elementary teachers are significantly lesser, which ranges from 8.1 to 11.1, compared to the...
- Teacher preparation and certification in middle grades education. Hadley, Wynton H. // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Mar96, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p21
Describes the preparation of teachers in four junior high schools that will convert middle grades schools during the 1995-1996 school year. Teaching strategies and resources for instruction; Certification of middle grades teachers in secondary education; Middle schools practices.
- Gerardo Martinez set high standards, and his eighth-graders rose to the occasion. Coolidge, Shelley Donald // Christian Science Monitor;6/27/97, Vol. 89 Issue 149, p11
Profiles Gerardo Martinez, an eighth grade teacher at William H. Taft School in Boston, Massachusetts. Comments from Martinez about what his students mean to him; The work he has made his class do in the 1996-97 school year; How the students respond to Martinez; Martinez the encourager; How...
- THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL TEACHERS' RATED COMPETENCE AND LOCUS OF CONTROL. Scheck, Dennis C.; Rhodes, Gregory A. // Education;Spring80, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p243
Based upon a review of the relevant literature, it was hypothesized that junior high school teachers scoring high internal on a measure of internal-external control (I-E) would more likely be rated as high in overall teaching competence by observers asked to evaluate their teaching competence....
- Top teacher. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);3/22/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p3
The article reports that Karol Garmon of the Clarendon Junior High School in Texas has received the Texas Middle School Association's "Teacher of the Year" award for Region 16.
- The class gets an 'A' while the teacher's away. Flower, Carolyn // Christian Science Monitor;10/18/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 229, p19
Recollects anecdotes from the author's career as a teacher of junior high school.
- Getting into the groove. // East Bernard Express (TX);8/14/2008, Vol. 65 Issue 33, p1
A photograph of East Bernard Junior High School English teacher, Linda Vincek, who prepares for the new school year is presented.