Teacher Testing and Implications for Physical Education
- Editor's Comment. A. M. W. // Chronicle of Kinesiology & Physical Education in Higher Educatio;May2007, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p10
The author reflects on the significance of addressing the issues concerning the accreditation of kinesiology in colleges and universities. The author argues on the debates raised concerning teacher education accreditation. The author also asserts that the National Association for Kinesiology and...
- Classroom teachers' responses and feedback efforts during a collaborative practicum for... Kurz-McPherson, Karen A.; Faucette, Nell // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Mar94, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p68
Examines classroom teachers' feedbacks to preservice physical education teachers during a collaborative practicum for the preservice educators. Practicum setting; Collaborative program design; Classroom teachers' participation in providing written feedbacks.
- Using technology in preservice teacher supervision. Sharpe, Tom; Byra, Mark // Physical Educator;Late Winter 97, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p11
The article discusses the technologies used in preservice teaching practices for physical education teachers. Components of the teacher education process; Importance of daily teaching practices; Effects of teaching in student practices; Difficulties of teacher supervision; Instruments for...
- Current and recommended preparation of physical education... Van Donselaar, Lee; Leslie, David K. // Physical Educator;Early Winter90, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p209
Examines the preparation of physical education teachers in the exercise physiology knowledge base. Subdiscipline that plays a fundamental role in the preparation of physical education teachers; Basic applications of exercise physiology; What the study revealed.
- A descriptive profile of teacher preparation practices in physical education teacher education. Strand, Bradford N. // Physical Educator;Spring92, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p104
Examines some of the common practices that colleges and universities are using in the preparation of physical education teacher education majors. Profile demographics; Coaching preparation; Skill/activity course requirements; Peer teaching; Pre-student teaching; Student teacher supervision.
- Finding more teaching opportunities for physical education teacher education. Poole, Jon R. // Physical Educator;Winter94, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p53
Describes the involvement of undergraduate sports pedagogy majors enrolled in a teaching practicum course and instructors teaching in the Basic Instructional Program (BIP). Peer teaching support; Development of teaching cases; Classroom or action research; Qualitative data collection.
- Thinking beyond the square: The challenge to physical educators in new times. Kirk, David // Quest (00336297);May97, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p182
Opinion. Examines five topics for research pertinent to forming a base of information for program reform in physical education teacher education. Information on Juan-Miguel Fernndez-Balboa's theories on the reform of physical education teacher education; Details on the physical activity field...
- An investigation of the rhythmic awareness of physical education teaching majors. Kovar, Susan K.; Mehrhof, Joella H. // Physical Educator;Late Winter95, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p40
Examines the self-perception of physical education (PE) majors in a teacher preparation program on their ability to move in time to music and their self-consciousness when moving to music. Subjects' tendency to perform well with popular music; Inability of those who were on-beat to identify...
- Principals' Perceptions of Academic Importance and Accountability in Physical Education. Stevens-Smith, Deborah A.; Fisk, William; Williams, Frankie Keels; Barton, Gina // International Journal of Learning;2006, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p7
As pressure continues to increase for students to perform well on high stakes tests, the value of physical education and other related arts will be questioned. Principals will look to find ways to focus more time on the academic subjects that are tested, so the threat to reduce or eliminate...