The Legacy of Competency Testing and Licensure/Certification for the Teaching Profession
- The D.C. Schools' Plan for Systemwide Achievement. Cook, J. Marvin // Educational Leadership;Nov77, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p114
Discusses the implementation of a program by the Washington D.C., public schools that will help the students to celebrate their achievements as they reach specific milestones in the curriculum. Commitment of the schools toward competency-based education; Types of instructional objectives that...
- Capturing and Reporting Of Structural Capital in the Quality Management Process: A Case Study in a Batteries Manufacturing Company. Chi Wai Chan, Percy; Lee, W. B. // Proceedings of the International Conference on Intellectual Capi;2010, p95
Knowledge assets underpin the capabilities and core competencies of any organization. The importance of a knowledge audit is the first step to determine how knowledge is handled in mission critical business processes in an organization. Quality management processes are some of the main subsets...
- EVALUATOR COMPETENCIES: THE AOTEAROA NEW ZEALAND EXPERIENCE. Wehipeihana, Nan; Bailey, Robyn; Davidson, E. Jane; McKegg, Kate // Canadian Journal of Program Evaluation;2013 Special Issue, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p49
Why would you place valuing, culture, and cultural values at the centre of an evaluation competencies framework? What would it look like if you did? This new set of evaluator competencies from the Aotearoa New Zealand Evaluation Association (ANZEA) is distinct from other competency and...
- Teacher Certification Testing in Physical Education. Tannehill, Deborahe; O'Sullivan, Mary // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1990, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p227
The article focuses on the impact of educational reform in the United States on the teaching of physical education. The article "A Nation at Risk: The Imperative for Educational Reform," by the National Commission on Excellence in Education in 1983 is discussed, as well as subsequent attempts to...
- Science Education: CASSANDRA'S PROPHECY. BRADY, THOMAS E. // Phi Delta Kappan;Apr2008, Vol. 89 Issue 8, p605
The article reflects on the 1983 United States government education reform document titled "A Nation at Risk: The Imperative for Educational Reform" and its influence on science education in the U.S. The author highlights the history of science education dating back to the 1950s reforms in...
- Over Here? Ideas from Over There for Supporting Humanities Scholarship. Herbert, James // Perspectives on History;Dec2008, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p38
The author examines the process of establishing the Arts and Humanities Research Council that began its operations in April 2005 in Great Britain. He claims that the Â£83.6 million budget in that year was nearly one-fifth larger than that of the U.S. National Endowment for the Humanities. He...
- OUR SCHOOLS, OUR SCORES, OUR COMMUNITY. Revenaugh, Mickey // District Administration;Jul2002, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p15
Focuses on standardized testing in the U.S. Guide to data communication project; Communication of schools performance to the community.
- No More TESTS!: CHALLENGING STANDARDIZED EDUCATION. Wetzel, Bill // Mothering;Nov2002, Issue 115, p68
Focuses on the issue of standardized education and the process of testing and examinations in the field of education in the U.S. Movements against tests and exams in schools; Education without standardized testing; Issue of providing the best nurturing learning environment to the students.
- EDUCATIONAL MYTHMAKING. Newkirk, Thomas // Independent School;Fall2001, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p112
Focuses on the crisis of educational system in the United States. Consistency of reading and writing ability; Stability in literacy requirements; Emphasis on standardized tests.