Physical Educators' Perceptions of Stressful Teaching Events
- Prospective Physical Educators' Perception of Stressful Teaching Events. Wendt, Janice C.; Bain, Linda L. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Winter1983, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p49
This article looks at the perception of stressful teaching events of prospective physical educators. The study used several prospective physical educators who were enrolled in a twelve-week student teaching internship. The student teachers' perceptions of stressful events were measured using the...
- Cooperating Teacher Perceptions of and Experiences in the Student Teaching Practicum. Tjeerdsma, Bonnie L. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan1998, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p214
Examines the cooperating teacher (CT) perceptions of and experiences in the student teaching practicum. Impact of practicum on teaching beliefs in physical education; Interactions between CT and student teachers; Importance of constructivist theory of learning in understanding CT perceptions of...
- Observing and Interpreting Teaching-Learning Processes: Novice PETE Students, Experienced PETE Students, and Expert Teacher Educators. Graham, Kathy C.; French, Karen E.; Woods, Amelia M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1993, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p46
The ability to observe and interpret events during instruction is thought to be an important dimension of effective teachers. The purpose of this study was to compare the ability to observe and interpret teaching physical education at different stages of expertise. Ten freshman preservice...
- Clinical Setting for Future Physical Education Professionals. Mathias, Kirk // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jan99, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on a program providing practical settings for physical educators in Arizona. Motive for setting up the program; Composition of the program; Opportunities received by student teachers.
- Cooperating Teachers' Perceptions About The Student Teaching Experience. Hynes-Dusel, Joanne Margaret // Physical Educator;Early Winter99, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p186
Provides information on a study which explored the perceptions of cooperating teachers regarding the substance, appropriateness and value of the physical education student teaching practicum. Identification of areas which needed improvement; Guide for the development of further program...
- The existence of conflicting perceptions in a secondary physical education student teaching... Askins, Jeanette Crawfo; Imwold, Charles H. // Physical Educator;Winter94, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p35
Describes the experience of one secondary physical education intern as he progressed through the student teaching experience. Student teacher's interactions with other participants; Behaviors during teaching episodes; Documents and reflective journal entries; Conflicting perceptions; Social issues.
- Prospective PETE Students, PETE Student Teachers, and Clinical Model Teachers in a University Teacher Education Program. Graham, Kathy C.; Hohn, Richard C.; Werner, Peter H.; Woods, Amelia M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan1993, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p161
The article presents a study that compares conceptions of teaching among individuals associated with a university physical education teacher education program. Students, student teachers, and teachers were observed to reveal that teaching conceptions among the students differed significantly...
- The Meaning and Organization of Physical Education Teachers' Actions During Conflict With Students. Flavier, Eric; Bertone, Stefano; Hauw, Denis; Durand, Marc // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct2002, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p20
This study employed methodological principles of the course-of-action theory in order to identify the typical organization of teachers' actions when in conflict with one or more students. Eighteen physical education teachers were filmed during physical education lessons and then participated in...
- Misapplication of Teaching Concepts. Hare, Molly K. // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jan2002, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p15
Provides examples showing the misapplication of the teaching concepts by physical education teachers. Correction of every performance error that is noticed; Use of circle of parallel line organizational patterns in any sport setting; Resolutions for appropriate application of the rule of teaching.