Elementary Physical Education Specialists: A Commitment to Student Learning
- Comparison of Academic Learning Time in Physical Education: Students of Specialists and Nonspecialists. Placek, Judith H.; Randall, Lynda // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1986, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p157
The purpose of the study was to compare the academic learning time (ALT) of elementary students in physical education classes taught by specialists with those taught by classroom teachers. Physical education classes of 7 specialists and 13 nonspecialists were observed using the revised ALT-PE...
- Students get healthy to homegrown fitness videos. // Curriculum Review;May2004, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p11
Reports on the use of instructional fitness videos in a physical education course at Molalla Elementary School in Oregon. Topics of the videos; Benefits of the videos for physical education teachers; Fund used in producing the videos.
- Physical Education Lesson Content and Teacher Style and Elementary Students' Motivation and Physical Activity Levels. Erwin, Heather E.; Babkes Stellino, Megan; Beets, Michael W.; Beighle, Aaron; Johnson, Christine E. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2013, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p321
Obesity levels among American children are increasing at an alarming rate, due in part to a lack of regular physical activity (PA). Physical education (PE) is one way to facilitate student PA. The overarching PA goal for physical educators is 50% PA for students. Self-determination theory...
- Pupils' Misbehaviors and the Reactions and Causal Attributions of Physical Education Student Teachers: A Sequential Analysis. Goyette, Robert; Dor�, Robert; Dion, �ric // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct2000, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the misbehaviors of pupils and reactions and causal attributions of physical education student teachers in Montreal, Quebec. Categories of reactions; Observation on causal attribution of misbehaviors made by student teachers; Differences on reactions and attributions.
- The Spectrum Connection. Donnelly, Fran Cleland // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jul2002, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p10
Shows why the spectrum of teaching styles is a vital tool for teachers of elementary physical education. Personal and social responsibility; Diversity of student population; Multiple objectives of lesson.
- Perceptions of High, Average and Low Performance Second Graders About Physical Education and Physical Education Teachers. Martin, LeaAnn Tyson // Physical Educator;Early Winter2002, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p204
Presents a which examined the perceptions of elementary students about physical education and physical education teachers. Method and data collection; Results of the study; Conclusion.
- Job Satisfaction among Teachers and Supervisors of Physical Education at Al-Balqa Applied University in Jordan. ALdmour, Hisham Ali // European Journal of Social Sciences;Aug2011, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p205
This study seeks to know professional conditions for staff who works in the teachers and supervisors of physical education at Al-Balqa Applied University In Jordan, types of obstacles and difficulties encountered their desired role service, patterns of discrimination they face, and the...
- JOB SATISFACTION AMOUNG PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHERS IN BIJAPUR DISTRICT. Srinivasa; Malipatil, Rarkumar P. // Indian Streams Research Journal;Apr2014, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p1
The purpose of this study was to investigate specific factors associated with job satisfaction and dissatisfaction of male and female physical education teachers working at different levels in schools. For a number of years, also teacher job satisfaction has been recognized as extremely...
- RESEARCH FOR DETERMINING ON WHAT LEVEL PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND SPORT LESSON, CARRIED OUT IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS, REACHES ITS AIMS. Pepe, Kadir; İbrahim, Bozkurt // Ovidius University Annals, Series Physical Education & Sport/Sci;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p48
The research has been carried out to determine on what level physical education and sport lesson, carried out in elementary schools, reaches its aims. A survey has been developed in accordance with the aim. The comprehensibility, content validity and reliability of the research have been tested....