Pupil Assessment Perceptions and Practices of Secondary Teachers
- STUDENT EVALUATIONS OF TEACHING IN DUAL ENCOUNTER SITUATIONS. Koste, Lori L. // Academy of Educational Leadership Journal;2014, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p1
Student evaluations of teaching play a significant role in faculty performance evaluations. As such, they have received considerable attention in academic research. While this research has provided valuable insight, the data was limited to observations taken within a single-semester situation;...
- Preservice Teachers' Adaptations to Tensions Associated with the edTPA During Its Early Implementation in New York and Washington States. Meuwissen, Kevin W.; Choppin, Jeffrey M. // Education Policy Analysis Archives;10/12/2015, Vol. 23 Issue 103, p1
The edTPA is a teaching performance assessment (TPA) that the states of New York and Washington implemented as a licensure requirement in 2013. While TPAs are not new modes of assessment, New York and Washington are the first states to use the edTPA specifically as a compulsory, high-stakes...
- Perceptions of Affective Communication And Teaching Effectiveness at Different Times in the Semester. Powell, Robert G.; Arthur, Richard // Communication Quarterly;Fall1985, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p254
This report describes a study designed to assess the relationship of teachers' affective communication with student evaluation of effectiveness at two times during a semester. Two questions were addressed: (1) Do student evaluations of affect and effectiveness change and (2) Does the...
- Accuracy of teaching evaluation information systems: A... Stanfel, Larry E. // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Jun98, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p82
Analyzes a system for student evaluation of university teaching. Teaching evaluation systems and the necessity for accuracy; Processing steps, data flows and data stores in the Student Opinion System; Evaluation of the system.
- QUALITATIVE JUDGMENT OF TEACHING PERFORMANCE. Casey, John P.; Solliday, Michael // Education;Mar/Apr78, Vol. 98 Issue 3
Discusses a qualitative judgment of teaching performance of student teachers using a bipolar adjective scale to judge characteristics. Evidence for the utility of the bipolar scale in predicting student teaching success; Characteristics of student teachers significant to the evaluation.
- Students' Perceptions of Student Evaluation of Teaching (SET) Process. Hejase, Ale J.; Al Kaakour, Rana S.; Halawi, Leila A.; Hejase, Hussin J. // International Journal of Social Sciences & Education;2013, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p565
Researchers have mixed views about Student Evaluation of Teaching (SET) as means to evaluate teaching where some agreed and others viewed SET as being biased. This study aims to measure students' perceptions of the effectiveness and appropriateness of the evaluation process in Lebanon. A survey...
- BIAS, THE BRAIN, AND STUDENT EVALUATIONS OF TEACHING. Merritt, Deborah J. // St. John's Law Review;Winter2008, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p235
In this article, the author explores the link between student evaluations and a professor's nonverbal behavior. The author begins by reviewing psychology research demonstrating the link. She then examines why this connection is so damaging: It allows race, gender and other immutable...
- EVALUACIÃ“N DE LA DOCENCIA Y EL CONTEXTO DISCIPLINARIO: La opiniÃ³n de los profesores en el caso de ingenierÃa y tecnologÃa. // Revista Mexicana de InvestigaciÃ³n Educativa;oct-dic2004, Vol. 9 Issue 23, p891
No abstract available.
- ComparaciÃ³n de los modelos formativo, reflexivo y de antecedentes de evaluaciÃ³n estudiantil del servicio de docencia. VALDIVIESO TABORGA, CARLOS EDUARDO // Revista de Metodos Cuantitativos para la Economia y la Empresa;dic2013, Vol. 16, p95
A comparative analysis between three measurement models (with formative, reflective, and antecedents approach) has been conducted to measure the dimensions of the teaching service quality. Previously valid and reliable instruments have been designed to measure the service quality and related...