An Application of an Action Research Model for Changing Instructional Practice
- 'A WELCOME SIGN.'. John, Libby // Manufacturing Today;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p6
The article offers information about H. R. 2272 or the America Creating Opportunities to Meaningfully Promote Excellence in Technology, Education and Science Act (COMPETES) approved by the U.S. Congress. The law is intended to enhance education in Science, Technology, Engineering and...
- Mind the gap. Lavender, Peter // Adults Learning;Sep2004, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p7
Discusses the significance of theory, policy and practice to research and teacher training in Great Britain. Assessment of the problem in teaching and learning for adults; Background on a grant for researchers involved in the study of adult education; Information on publications discussing the...
- Grant for Teacher Ed to BSU. // Retort;2008, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p5
The article reports on the $191,593 grant received by the Boise State University (BSU) in Idaho from the U.S. Department of Education to support elementary teacher education. It notes that the goal is to enhance student achievement in math and science, and increase the students' interest in...
- FOREWORD: APPLIED RESEARCH: NATIONAL SIGNIFICANCE. Marshall, Robert L. // National Forum of Applied Educational Research Journal;Mar2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p1
The article introduces various reports within the issue, including "Thirty-Five Years of 'Lemon' Influence: Analysis and National Implications" by Robert L. Marshall, "Online Education Success Factors: Aligning Technologies With Instruction" by Seung Won Yoon, and "Principals' Leadership...
- Educational research and teacher education in Europe. Putkiewicz, Elzbieta // European Education;Spring96, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p45
Evaluates educational research and teacher education in Europe using the Polish educational system as model. Initial training and inservice training of teachers; Role of educational research in initial teacher training at universities and higher schools of learning.
- Industrial Teacher Education. Tice, Terrence N. // Education Digest;May89, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p58
Comments on industrial teacher education research in the United States. Improvement of preparation programs; Trends in industrial teacher research education.
- ULUSAL Ã–ÄžRETMEN STRATEJÄ°SÄ° Ã‡ALIÅžTAYI YAPILDIâ€¦. // Cagdas Egitim Dergisi;Nov2011, Issue 391, p16
No abstract available.
- How do young tenured professors benefit from a mentor? Effects on management, motivation and performance. Weijden, Inge; Belder, Rosalie; Arensbergen, Pleun; Besselaar, Peter // Higher Education;Feb2015, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p275
Do young tenured professors who receive mentorship differ from those without mentorship in terms of motivation, scholarly performance, and group management practice? We conducted a survey among research group leaders in the biomedical and health sciences in the Netherlands, to study the effects...
- Â¿Para quÃ©, cÃ³mo y quÃ© evalÃºa en ciencia el profesorado de Primaria en formaciÃ³n? López-Lozano, Lidia; Solís-Ramírez, Emilio // Revista Eureka sobre EnseÃ±anza y DivulgaciÃ³n de las Ciencias;2016, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p102
In this paper we study how a group of Primary Pre-service teachers' conceptions about assesment in science changed. The research is part of a R+D+I proyect in the context of an initial training course based on inquiry-based science education and interaction with innovative teaching practices. A...