Collaborative Research in Physical Education
- Guest editorial: Conflicting demands for physical education teacher educators: Institutional... Williamson, Kay // Physical Educator;Late Winter90, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p11
Editorial. Relates the experiences of physical education teacher educators in their professional roles to the perceived institutional expectations and reward structure of faculty productivity. Institutional priorities; Institutional recognition of field experiences; Affect of changing...
- Classroom teachers' responses and feedback efforts during a collaborative practicum for... Kurz-McPherson, Karen A.; Faucette, Nell // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Mar94, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p68
Examines classroom teachers' feedbacks to preservice physical education teachers during a collaborative practicum for the preservice educators. Practicum setting; Collaborative program design; Classroom teachers' participation in providing written feedbacks.
- Current and recommended preparation of physical education... Van Donselaar, Lee; Leslie, David K. // Physical Educator;Early Winter90, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p209
Examines the preparation of physical education teachers in the exercise physiology knowledge base. Subdiscipline that plays a fundamental role in the preparation of physical education teachers; Basic applications of exercise physiology; What the study revealed.
- A descriptive profile of teacher preparation practices in physical education teacher education. Strand, Bradford N. // Physical Educator;Spring92, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p104
Examines some of the common practices that colleges and universities are using in the preparation of physical education teacher education majors. Profile demographics; Coaching preparation; Skill/activity course requirements; Peer teaching; Pre-student teaching; Student teacher supervision.
- Finding more teaching opportunities for physical education teacher education. Poole, Jon R. // Physical Educator;Winter94, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p53
Describes the involvement of undergraduate sports pedagogy majors enrolled in a teaching practicum course and instructors teaching in the Basic Instructional Program (BIP). Peer teaching support; Development of teaching cases; Classroom or action research; Qualitative data collection.
- Thinking beyond the square: The challenge to physical educators in new times. Kirk, David // Quest (00336297);May97, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p182
Opinion. Examines five topics for research pertinent to forming a base of information for program reform in physical education teacher education. Information on Juan-Miguel Fernndez-Balboa's theories on the reform of physical education teacher education; Details on the physical activity field...
- An investigation of the rhythmic awareness of physical education teaching majors. Kovar, Susan K.; Mehrhof, Joella H. // Physical Educator;Late Winter95, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p40
Examines the self-perception of physical education (PE) majors in a teacher preparation program on their ability to move in time to music and their self-consciousness when moving to music. Subjects' tendency to perform well with popular music; Inability of those who were on-beat to identify...
- Using technology in preservice teacher supervision. Sharpe, Tom; Byra, Mark // Physical Educator;Late Winter 97, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p11
The article discusses the technologies used in preservice teaching practices for physical education teachers. Components of the teacher education process; Importance of daily teaching practices; Effects of teaching in student practices; Difficulties of teacher supervision; Instruments for...
- An analysis of the clinical experience in teacher education in physical education within... Sparks, Bill; Steffen, Jeff // Physical Educator;Late Winter90, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p27
Examines the student teaching component of pre-servile physical education teacher education programs across the United States. Comparison of the characteristics of these programs with those recommended Association of Teacher Educators (ATE) guidelines.
- Kids Say the Darndest Things: PETE Program Assessment Through the Eyes of Students. McCullick, Bryan; Metzler, Mike; Cicek, Seref; Jackson, Josephine; Vickers, Brad // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2008, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p4
An ever-increasing focus on accountability in teacher education has augmented the importance of physical education teacher education (PETE) programs to develop procedures for assessing their candidates and completers-the student teachers (STs). Finding out what students think, know, and feel...