Second Wind: A Physical Education Program Development Network
- UMASS-AMHERST. Benson, Jennifer // 21st Century;Oct95, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p22
The author features the University of Massachusetts which is located at a rural area in Amherst. It claims that the large size of the university provides it with a cosmopolitan sense. In addition, the university's Five College program allows the students to take classes with no extra cost at...
- Project To Help Schools Find Teachers in Shortage Subjects. Ranbom, Sheppard // Education Week;3/9/1983, Vol. 2 Issue 24, p4
The article announces the launch of Math-Science-Technology Education Project in June which will boost the need for new mathematics and science teachers in Massachusetts. The University of Massachusetts at Amherst will train college students with bachelors degrees in technological fields to be...
- Picking teacher-education students more selectively. Seldin, Clement A. // Education Digest;Apr95, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p52
Describes the elementary teacher preparation program at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst. Selectivity in choosing teacher-education preservice students; Weakness in the system; Advice on how to design teacher education programs.
- A Teaching Center for Children's Physical Education "The Dream and The Reality". // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1988, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p190
This article describes a program in South Carolina called the Teacher Education Center for Children's Physical Education (The Center) which linked a public elementary school (K-6) and a university working together to improve children's physical fitness. The Center is based on the assumption that...
- The Accessible Past. Hindley, Meredith // Humanities;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p28
Profiles Stephen Nissenbaum, a history professor at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst. His contribution to the study of history at the university; His election to the Massachusetts Foundation for the Humanities board; Views on historical films.
- What are University of Massachusetts Amherst Students Saying About Science Education Online? // NSTA Express;1/3/2011, p4
The article presents views of the students of University of Massachusetts at Amherst about the Online Science Education.
- UMass launching education revolving loan program. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/18/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30749, p36
Reports that the University of Massachusetts will develop the state's first educational revolving loan program and will give its campuses access to low-cost funds for technology. Funding of the program by selling variable-rate issue through the Massachusetts Health and Educational Facilities...
- Degree of satisfaction. O'Brien, George // BusinessWest;May95, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p32
Focuses on the University Without Walls, a continuing education program at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst. Degrees; Consideration of a student's workplace experience; Commitment to non-traditional students.
- No takeovers, please. Leo, John // U.S. News & World Report;01/19/98, Vol. 124 Issue 2, p13
Discusses the Vision 2000 program of the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. Details about the program drawn up by women's studies officials and other feminists at the college and five other land-grant universities of New England; The transformation of the curriculum called for by the program.